Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Auris

tsporttinny

the t sport is dead upto 6000 rpm!!!!! so the usable powerband is about the same 2000rpm.

Ohh,no,no.After 6000 rpm. is the valve lifting effect,so you feel a surge of power,but below 6000 rpm. the car revs nicely too.So with Tsport 1.8VVTl-i the car revs from 1200 nicely and after 6000 very fast.

When you sit in the diesel,first there is a turbo lag below 2000 rpm.,so even in 1 gear you can't rev it good or when you rev it above 2000 rpm,at 4000-4500 you have to change gear,that's everything,but not sporty. :yawn: I love to rev the motor :yahoo: without any turbo lag. :P And that diesel noise,i don't accept it. :D

What do you mean by midrange performance?

If you select the right gear then a CTS will be faster at overtaking a car than a T180 (OK there may be some speed increments when it's the other way round due to needing a gearchange or something). 40-60 it's about as quick as a Lotus Elise. Granted a T180 (or any turbo diesel) will be faster on the overtake if you are pootling behind Mr 40mph in 4th/5th gear and don't bother to change down to get past. But if you make proper use of the gears (and do it more safely) the more powerful car (not the more torquey car) will be quicker.

Yes ,i agree absolutely! :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

Mr T told me the other day that there is plans for a T-Sport Auris but based on a new compressor engine and not 100% if they will have T-Sport in the name. How true that is I don't know but it does seem likely since the T180 Auris just isn't fast enough comparing to other manufacturers like the Type R, Leon Cupra and Focus ST. Lets hope so as I am also looking for a replacement in the years to come for my corolla T-sport and the Auris T180 just doesn't do it for me, not an exciting drive and doesn't look sporty enough. Yes the T180 is nice and comfy but the drive wasn't giving that sporty feeling which the CTS gives. Yupe its all down to personal taste but knowing other CTS owners they don't want to touch a diesel as they prefer a sports petrol engine and most are now turning to the new Type R since Mr T isn't producing the goods. Shame but lets hope for a compressor version. That would look great. I did see an Auris TR in a full body kit the other day, looked great, shame about the engine underneath. "Sheep in Wolf's clothing" is def a fitting description for that dressed up model.

hehe it was good reading all theses post on here, iv lernt quite abit just by reading the posts in this topic.

but yeah i feel just by driving you learn by doing it, im only 18 and i drive an "Auris 1.4" not bad for a first car eh? but i think manual gear changing is essential when driving. iv picked up techniques such as "double clutch" and "heal and toe", id double clutch from 5th to 4th to overtake so i dont loose speed when down shifting, this being because i think the auris 1.4 to me feels very heavy when trying to speed up in high gear when at 2 - 3k rpm, after hitting about 4 - 4500 rpm the car feels alot lighter so i would normally take it to 4k rpm to overtake hitting about 80mph and so i would just pop it back into 5th and cruise along back at 60mph

• 7 months later...
there is a rumour going around that they have plans for a 3ltr v6 version of the auris now that would be hot! :thumbsup:

yeah but its only available in japan at the moment. they are going for 13 grand new if you want to import one though. Its called the Blade Master G and has a different body to any auris in the UK, it is an auris underneith though. designed to be a gold R32 beater with 276bhp and 254lb ft so its a mega step up from the likes of the T180

Link here to a webpage about it!

LMFAO yep that one certainly quietens the 'diesels are boring' brigade

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links