Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Get Low!

Ryan1985

Had the suspension (Tein basic coilovers) and rims (5zigen Fireballs) fitted on Wednesday:

Front.jpg

Frontagain.jpg

Side-1.jpg

Sideagain.jpg

Random.jpg

Tein.jpg

Artyish.jpg

Comments welcome! :thumbsup:

Is the Tein brand new?

I noticed you have it fully coiled down, but it should look lower!!!

Looking good though :)

Aye, they're brand new Moffmo! :yes:

My wheels are only 15's remember! :thumbsup:

Hi Ryan! How much was the setup, did you get it from Envy? Will it settle even lower? Im thinking about this as well and running 15's like you. Is it difficult to install, how long did it take? In the picture with the closeup of the coil's, is that position the lowest, I mean if the rings which can be changed by forks being are all the way down like with yours? Will you need to get your arches rolled at all with 15's, what if your all the way down will the tires rub? How is the ride quality, is it bouncy or harsh?

Looks nice! I have the sam questions as ToTo.. and if the suspension is much stifer than the original one?

I think it would look even better if you put some 16's :)

did you take the front splitter off?

Do you mean the flaps under the bumper? If so, it never had any when I bought it, the previous owner must have removed them. :thumbsup:

Hi Ryan! How much was the setup, did you get it from Envy? Will it settle even lower? Im thinking about this as well and running 15's like you. Is it difficult to install, how long did it take? In the picture with the closeup of the coil's, is that position the lowest, I mean if the rings which can be changed by forks being are all the way down like with yours? Will you need to get your arches rolled at all with 15's, what if your all the way down will the tires rub? How is the ride quality, is it bouncy or harsh?

Envy done me a deal on the setup so I couldn't give you an exact price I'm afraid. I'm not sure if it'll settle any lower but it looks lower in real life than it does in the pictures. I never installed it, a mechanic did and it cost me £120 including alignment. It's fully lowered at the back but the front can go down more. You don't need to roll your arches if you're running 15's and the ride quality is fine, a bit harsher but hardly what I'd call uncomfortable.

Hope that helps! :thumbsup:

Installation is easy enough as i did mine and im an 18 year old student (admitedly with an interest in cars but no qualifications regarding cars :P) Only thing you need a garage for is allignment :thumbsup:

Woody, to be fair, I probably would've done it but I've not got the patience to do such a job or all the tools required to do it! :thumbsup:

Envy done me a deal on the setup so I couldn't give you an exact price I'm afraid. I'm not sure if it'll settle any lower but it looks lower in real life than it does in the pictures. I never installed it, a mechanic did and it cost me £120 including alignment. It's fully lowered at the back but the front can go down more. You don't need to roll your arches if you're running 15's and the ride quality is fine, a bit harsher but hardly what I'd call uncomfortable.

Hope that helps! :thumbsup:

If I go ahead and get the kit, I would be running on the standard stock TS rims and Bridgestone's at the beginning. So it wouldn't rub with those, right? What it I swiched the height more frequently, then I would need an allignment every single time? Did you get a camber kit or anything else with the coiley's, is anything else needed? How do you know how low to lower the front if the back is fully lowered, I mean to even out the stance or to make it right? By the ride quality being fine, do you mean that you dont bounce up and down and the springs aren't very stiff and hard?

Yeah wasn't having a go mate just telling Toto how easy it was mate :thumbsup:

Yeah, thanks for the info! :thumbsup: You have any pics of yours with the coiley's? How low are you and do you experience bounciness or a very stiff ride?

Cars looking good...for a Phase 1 :P

Shame about the dent on your door as that was your bro's fault.

I think you should do these subtle but effective mods next.

Debadge, jap style square number plates, tinted windows and swap either the reverse for a red fog light cover or visa versa.

Heres a quick photoshop to give you an idea as I was bored.

Ryan_debadged.jpg

TEIN basic coilovers are one of the best mods for the Yaris IMO. They make it handle so much better and I hate the way the car looks on stock suspension as it is ridiculously HIGH. They RRP at £540 IIRC but are definitely worth the dosh. They are much stiffer than stock suspension but the added cornering ability is so much better than the stock setup. Speed bumps and pot holes make me cringe eveytime I go over them but once you get onto a nice open country road you just love them :D Technically there not for road use but who cares B)

They take quite a bit of time to install and setup as you need to make sure they are all at the correct ride height and wheel alingment is sufficient.

I believe the wheel alingment sould be + or - 1

Ryans car is lowered the same amount as mine and doesnt look as low as others cause like me he is running 15" alloy wheels with very low profil tyres 195/45.

very nice ryan, its at a nice height there. Altho i was looking at the pics of mine lowered on the standard 15s and it looks lower. And my rear coileys aren't even screwed the whole way down. Odd

Maybe still needs some time to settle? Or will it stay like this? Is the ride quality bouncy at all or harsh? I understand that you cringe when going over bumps and potholes, its really that bad? How is the squeeking noise inside the car, do a lot of parts rattle and squeek?

heres the only pic i have of my car just after it was lowered and not driven, the mechanic took this...

syaris.jpg

And it settled a bit too

Maybe still needs some time to settle? Or will it stay like this? Is the ride quality bouncy at all or harsh? I understand that you cringe when going over bumps and potholes, its really that bad? How is the squeeking noise inside the car, do a lot of parts rattle and squeek?

The ride is absolutely nothing to worry about. It's a wee bit bouncy but nothing spectacular and it's a wee bit harsher but what do you expect? I don't cringe when going over bumps and potholes because I do my best to avoid them. I can hardly notice the squeak from the suspension and I have no other squeaks and have no rattles. :thumbsup:

heres the only pic i have of my car just after it was lowered and not driven, the mechanic took this...

And it settled a bit too

Nice pic, looks great! :thumbsup:

The ride is absolutely nothing to worry about. It's a wee bit bouncy but nothing spectacular and it's a wee bit harsher but what do you expect? I don't cringe when going over bumps and potholes because I do my best to avoid them. I can hardly notice the squeak from the suspension and I have no other squeaks and have no rattles. :thumbsup:

Thanks Ryan! :) I only asked because here the road quality is not superb and we have our share of potholes and bumps quite a bit, I just dont want my teeth to fall out or shake all over the place...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links