Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need More Money

vmail

I've just had my appraisal and got a pay increase of 12% but I would like a bit more. I’ve have never asked for more money in the past and I not sure on how to do it properly. If anyone has been in this situation your help will be appreciated.

I will not be using the "threaten to resign" approach as I don’t want to leave the company.

The worst that could happen is that they will say no.

Maybe I should have asked for extra work and responsibility at the appraisal.

I’ve been working for the company for 2.5 years and at the previous appraisal I got a pay increase of 24.5%.

I've just had my appraisal and got a pay increase of 12% but I would like a bit more. I’ve have never asked for more money in the past and I not sure on how to do it properly. If anyone has been in this situation your help will be appreciated.

I will not be using the "threaten to resign" approach as I don’t want to leave the company.

The worst that could happen is that they will say no.

Maybe I should have asked for extra work and responsibility at the appraisal.

I’ve been working for the company for 2.5 years and at the previous appraisal I got a pay increase of 24.5%.

Don't be so greedy!

You have only worked for the company for 2.5 years and the previous rise of 24.5% was well above the normal.

12% is a very good pay rise...................you cannot expect to constantly get large pay rises.

My last years pay rise was less than 3%.

Think yourself lucky that you still have a job :rolleyes:

I dont want to appear to be greedy, if I got an extra £250 then that would be ok, If I ask for a bit more than what I want, it should give me room for negotiation, especially as I will be spending more time out of the country.

I dont want to appear to be greedy, if I got an extra £250 then that would be ok, If I ask for a bit more than what I want, it should give me room for negotiation, especially as I will be spending more time out of the country.

I don't know what you do for a living, but surely the company pays for your accomodation and expenses when you are working abroad?

You have just had a 12% payrise...........don't push your luck with the company, but you could ask for an increased allowance in your expenses when abroad.

I'm just a Software Engineer, yeah they do pay for accomodation and expenses when I am out of the office.

I would agree with Steve.... you're lucky to even get a payrise - most people dont!

If you really believe you warrant more than 12% then tell your managers so, but they will give you what they think you deserve, no more and no less, so unless you can prove that you're worth more, you'll just end up making yourself look greedy.

If you want more money and you have just had an inflation busting pay rise I would think the company are interested in retaining you. Go through the appraisal route and tell them you are looking to develop your carrear and salary. The additional responsibility is a good opener if your job has scope for it.

Greedy sod! lol

WOW! What a pay increase! :eek:

Worked out my bills for this new financial year and it seems they've gone up more than my 'cost of living' pay increase! :angry:

PLUS now, us low-income earners are getting stung more tax.... you don't know how lucky you are vmail

What did everyone else get? If you got 12% and everyone else got 24% there'd be cause for complaint. If everyone else got less, then consider yourself lucky and be thankful. The last round of payrises when I was working barely covered inflation, once the increased pension contributions kicked in, everyone was actually worse off.

When I got a poor payrise, whilst I was still in the office I told my manager that I was dissapointed and that I was hoping for more (it always pays to know what you expect early on). As others have said, just be grateful you are getting a pay rise well above average.

Mr Vmail.. you are talking rubbish again.. lol

Lets put things into perspective.. If you are a software engineer and you got a 12% increase... i am presuming that an extra £250 per annum is going to be much on top of what you already got.

Also for a chap who seems to be well educated you dont seem to have much common sense sometimes. Average pay increase people get is 3% per year which im sure you will know being a skilled worker.

Dont be so !Removed! greedy and thank your lucky stars your in a good job. I mean on your type of wage £250 is pennies..

£250 is pennies..

its a full time wage to some :rolleyes:

Exactly but not to someone like VMail, who I would imagine earns considerably more than most of us!

OK, OK, OK... I wont ask for more money, just wanted the extra £250 so that my basic wage is rounded up to the nearest 1000.

Its just that I just got a house so my outgoings will be a lot more

OK, OK, OK... I wont ask for more money, just wanted the extra £250 so that my basic wage is rounded up to the nearest 1000.

Its just that I just got a house so my outgoings will be a lot more

LMAO To the nearest thousand! As in a £250 rise to make it around £10,000 instead of £9750!? (May of been a bit oven enthusiastic with the payscale!!)

• 9 months later...

Its that time of the year again, is 3% still the average?

we ARE in a recession, you have just got a huge pay increase over inflation!

i have just got an 8.5% increase myself, but i wasnt expecting anything at all, so i am more than happy with this

dont be so greedy, if i had have just given you 12% and you had the cheek to ask for more i would be ****** off with your attitude!

12% on top of 24% and you think that you want to ask for more :huh:

Sorry mate but get a ******* reality check.... most people are not getting much above 2 or 3% :angry:

When I was a fireman I got pay rises like that for a couple of years but that was simply because I was paid a truly disgusting wage and hence I went on strike 30 years ago. Maybe you should go on strike and then you will find out your worth :yes:

Nope.... you won't get any sympathy here :ffs:

just want to clear a few thing

12% was in 2006

24.5% was in 2007

3% in 2008

just needed to confirm what the average was

3% is the general norm unless your on a fast path graduation position....

I got a 8% raise after 6 months and then the annual 3% after.. and now 3% again... it is the norm...

2.8% here, unless i get my promotion which would mean more i hope :)

i dunno what mine is.... they are now paying for my dinner though, so an extra £7.15 a day, woooo!

lol but i get 25p a mile, all travel receipts (except petrol :() refunded, a breakfast allowance if the digs don't do a full english, free accommodation, and 2 hours plus of breaks a shift.

you seem to be getting ripped off, it should be

"On the first 10,000 miles in the tax year - 40p

On each mile over 10,000 miles in the tax year - 25p"

yes you cant claim for petrol as you are claiming millage which covers fuel, wear and tear and insurance

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links