Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need More Money

vmail

I've just had a back dated (from August 2007) pay rise of 2.5%, and I work in education. Glad the interest rates are coming down!!

sighs...........I only get £7 per hour but then I dont actually do much for that....hehe................................!!!! :rolleyes:

Read the average for yourself here

This is the bit your need to read and digest:

The results of the 2007 Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings (ASHE) show that median weekly pay for full-time employees in the UK grew by 2.9 per cent in the year to April 2007 to reach £457. Median earnings of full-time male employees was £498 per week in April 2007; for women the median was £394.

I think your company has been wholly irresponsible giving such massive rises, I hope the Nurses and Police officers using this forum don't read this thread........they maybe a tad upset at such a vast increase in pay

Kingo :thumbsup:

I was made redundant, found a new job that worked out as a 15% increase, that job only lasted a year before going into liquidation so where i'm temping now is 3% higher than that.

I suppose until i get settled i'll never see an actual wage increase

:(

private IT sector is like this though...

Thankfully the whole country isnt in the IT sector then, otherwise inflation would be like the 90's all over again with boom and bust

I think your company has been wholly irresponsible giving such massive rises, I hope the Nurses and Police officers using this forum don't read this thread........they maybe a tad upset at such a vast increase in pay

Chalk and cheese, for all we know his company may have had a 100% increase in profits.

well I got a whopping 0% increase, wasnt happy bunny :angry: , I am now far worse off than I was a year ago, I also only get 30p per miles despite doing about 15k a year for the company lugging some heavy stuff around. I work for a private education company and was sorely tempted to leave after this news but I do get 30 days holiday plus all bank holidays, plus 1-2 weeks off at christmas when they close, which is very good and I have to use annual leave for childcare so I am having to way up the pros and cons.

Sarah x

Chalk and cheese, for all we know his company may have had a 100% increase in profits.

Fine if paid for by bonuses, I am paid on performance, and personally, I like it that way. I would gladly work for minimum money and large bonus, it keeps you on your toes :D: I still think general pay rises of that amount are irresponsible :D:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links