Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mods so far (without spending a fortune)

flip

Right, lets got some posts going

I have my Supra for about 2 months now, and after getting used to the change.(Used to drive a VW Scirocco GTII) I wanted more power.

To date I have spent £186.96 getting more out of my car.

1) I brought a K&N 57i Induction Kit (£156.00)

This was a great buy, not only do you get an increase in power, but it really sounds great when you put you foot down. I was a little worried about spending that much on a air filter, but more than worth the money.

2) I Shimmed my wastgate (£0.96)

I found this little trick on a Supra site in the US. Buy placing 3-4 washers between the wastegate bolts and the wastegate you get an increase in boost. I have gone from 6.6psi to just over 8psi. The difference was amazing, where you would normally be looking to shift up, it just keeps pulling. Cheap, affective and safe.

http://www.supracentral.com/shim.html

3) Short Shift conversion (Cost nothing, apart from patients)

The one thing that really bugged me about the interior was the gear stick. It just looked wrong. I had heard and seen short shift conversions on the web. But they wanted £70+. The I discovered a little trick.

Buy taking out the existing gear stick. (I'm no mechanic buy the way) I put it in a vice, and got some mole grips around the top black extension. You need to break a rubber seal that joins the two. It took some time, but popped of eventually. I then replaced back in the car and put my old knob on. I packed it out with duck tape until I find one that has screws on the side, rather than !Removed! straight on.

http://www.supracentral.com/shortshift.html

4) Replace BOV (£30)

I have just brought a BOV from SAAB. Its from a 9000T 1996. This is a cheaper after market alternative. I am installing over the next few days. I'll let you know how it goes.

That’s it so far, apart from being in the middle of painting my callipers. Exust is the next thing. Next month I hope.

If I can help in any way, or you have any questions please drop me a mail.:o

nice post mate,i will follow with anticipation...................

mat

• 3 weeks later...

At last I am getting my exhaust done!! Yippie.

Having a Power Flow build by a firm called TopGear. Not a bad price either, looking at £399, or £499 with the cats taken out. Naughy for the enviroment I know, but the way I look at it is I recycle my bottles, paper, foil and I seperate the toilet roll in to 2 sheets so I don't use as much. (JOKE)

Need more power. I just can't help myself.

I'll let you know how it goes.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in love.

Since the exsaust was fitted I haven't had my stereo on. Tee Hee.

I has made a big difrance after about 3000rpm, she really picks up quicker. Kinda weird, being used to you car, then putting a new exsaust on, and suddenly your gear changes are happening a lot quicker.

Very happy with it.

Seats are being recoverd at the weekend. Can't wait. then after that........................

(Don't know yet, but thinking BoostControler)

• 6 months later...