Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1996 Libero Gt

KiwiMR2

Well finally all running well & stripped of the barrage of stickers it's previous Japanese owner had put on it....nice, clean, and simple 8)

Dunno if these are all that common over in the Uk as I don't hear anyone mention them!?

DSC03073.jpg

DSC03075.jpg

DSC03078.jpg

DSC03072.jpg

DSC03079.jpg

DSC03077.jpg

DSC03081.jpg

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Ahh... a Lancer Estate... :D

Is it from the Gen 4/5

Lancer Estate.......never heard that name before :D

It has a 1.8 litre 4wd turbo (4G93T) motor (rated at around 158 kw's in standard trim).

Engine mods are basic....full exhaust, larger Evo front mount intercooler (factory option), pod filter. Has the 17" rims, lowered, push button starter, gauges....boost, vaccum, air fuel ratio, temp, ps, and an Apexi RSM, some upgraded ignition set up, an electric sunroof.

Only future plans are to tint the windows :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

We dont get them here bud... It looks like a Lance but its an Estate (another term for wagon here) hence my Lencer Estate.. :P

So it dont have the same engine as the Evo then? shame.. looks mint though.

Congrats on the purchase and enjoy the family machine... I got married a year ago to the day (yesterday) and have just bought a house hence why im driving a 2000 Civic VTi 5dr.

Had a 306 HDi after the tubby, then a ST205 (as per the link in my sig) and now the Civic as i needed to free up some capital which was in the GT4.

Im actually looking for a Bora 1.6 now :( as the house etc will need some monies spent on it.

So it dont have the same engine as the Evo then? shame.. looks mint though.

Nah....looks like a baby evo wagon but really a GSR with boot ;) Plenty kicking around NZ with evo motors in them though so certianly an option if i ever get the urge!

Congrats on the purchase and enjoy the family machine... I got married a year ago to the day (yesterday) and have just bought a house hence why im driving a 2000 Civic VTi 5dr.

Awesome...congrats! Yeah we got engaged in Feb....took her on a surprise holiday to Rarotonga so have a wedding to plan also, oh & the house was the 1st thing we brought after selling the MR2 as well ;)

Civic VTi.....hmmm, how do you find it? Bora 1.6.......surley there are some cheap 4 door turbo hatchs around that you can still have fun in!?

ST205.......made the move from sw20 to the dark side aye ;) How did you find it in comparrision to the MR2??

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Awesome...congrats! Yeah we got engaged in Feb....took her on a surprise holiday to Rarotonga so have a wedding to plan also, oh & the house was the 1st thing we brought after selling the MR2 as well ;)

Well I sold the MR2 to raise monies for the wedding and honeymoon to Madeira (really small island off the coast of North West Africa). The new owner is on these forums but aint been here for a while, he has since changed the rims to white TE37's and thrown some GT seats in. EBC as opposed to the MBC i had in and has also thrown on a single exit zorst with decat.

Civic VTi.....hmmm, how do you find it? Bora 1.6.......surley there are some cheap 4 door turbo hatchs around that you can still have fun in!?

Its not too bad actually once you get used to the whole Vtec thing. 167bhp aint to be sniffed at... i showed up a Starlet turbo from about 80mph+ :P .

I cant really afford to get a turbo of anysort at the mo as i travell 42miles a day just for work. The GT4 was costing me £200 per month in fuel just for the work commute. Considering i am taking home £1400 after tax thats a fair chunk of monies hence the 1.6 Bora.

ST205.......made the move from sw20 to the dark side aye ;) How did you find it in comparrision to the MR2??

Well it was an impule purchase as i was getting ****ted on at work which was going on for months and months... then one day a mate of mine (Rash the trader on these forums) had a GT4 up for sale and i thought sod it... thats mine!

Its quite flat compared to the SW20 untill you upp the boost and have full boost in 1st gear! Then it sounds lovely and pulls like a train. Having said all that, i would still take the SW20 over the GT4 anyday for sheer fun factor as its more of a handful. The GT4 felt tooo safe for my liking as i was used to ****ting myself everytime i cam on boost mid corner. You need less skill to drive the GT4 hard so its not as rewarding.

One thing i did love though was no wheelspin from a standing start even when it was chucking it down with rain! :lol:

On the RR

th_FizzGT4Dyno.jpg

Some pics

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r307/fizzbitt/GT4/