Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Creaky Steering

R6TH M

Ok this started last wednesday night randomly. When turning round a sharp right hand bend, there is a rubbing noise coming from the front passenger wheel arch area. Five minutes later when i went to park up, the steering was creaking or making a "popping" like sound - hard to describe but its not that loud. The car has never done this before and I have checked everything I can think of in that area.

Has anyone got any ideas what it might be? Someone mentioned a cv joint :crybaby: The car is lowered in Tein coilovers and 16s with 17k on it if that helps. The only thing i can think of is the arch liner snapped a screw of and i replaced it with a plastic screw that had a huge head on it, it didn't quite fit in tight and it might be rubbing the tyre/popping in and out as it doesn't make the noise all the time.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks, Ruth

Ok this started last wednesday night randomly. When turning round a sharp right hand bend, there is a rubbing noise coming from the front passenger wheel arch area. Five minutes later when i went to park up, the steering was creaking or making a "popping" like sound - hard to describe but its not that loud. The car has never done this before and I have checked everything I can think of in that area.

Has anyone got any ideas what it might be? Someone mentioned a cv joint :crybaby: The car is lowered in Tein coilovers and 16s with 17k on it if that helps. The only thing i can think of is the arch liner snapped a screw of and i replaced it with a plastic screw that had a huge head on it, it didn't quite fit in tight and it might be rubbing the tyre/popping in and out as it doesn't make the noise all the time.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks, Ruth

Had the same bother with mine the last few days took it into work and found that the steeing rack bushes were the cause so we sprayed penetrating oil around them an then worked the steering then some white grease on them and problem solved!U wud nearly think a spring had came out of its seat and was creaking??well i think i know wot ur on about lol try that anyway must only be t sports because iv never heard of any other yaris doin it :thumbsup:

cheers dee.. it seems to have stopped it now?? You still driving the SR or u got a t sport now?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links