Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Backbox For A Yaris 1.3

Sprx77

Hi all,

My first time posting here, and i'd like to ask you guys about a backbox... I'm thinking about getting a backbox for my Yaris 1.3 CDX, but looking at it, it seams some work would need to be done, as I don't think it would be as easy as removing the old and !Removed! in a new one.

I think the'd be another problem aswell with my back bumper, i'd have to get a backbox the same size as the standard fitted one now, since any bigger would be touching the bumper. I wouldn't want to butcher my bumper either :huh:

The reason for me getting one, is for a nice sound and a sporty look. I was looking at them in Motor-World, but the ones below £100 are 4 inches, and obviously thats to big to fit.

Can anyone help me out? Can post pictures if needed.

Cheers.

Edit: I forgot to mention - does a backbox effect the engine or fuel consumption in any way?

If you're looking for a properly fitted one then go to a decent garage and get a powerflow one fittd, that's the easiest way to get a custom fitted exhaust. Or if there's a longlife place near you then thats even better.

A TTE exhaust will fit your car, it came standard on Yaris SR's, there's usually one on eBay every now and again.

They can affect fuel consumption, yes, although this is mainly because you'll be putting your foot down to hear it more!

Thanks for the fast reply. I'll have a look on eBay now and then for one. And yes, that is very true about putting your foot down lol.

Any idea how much we are talking for a custom exhaust at a garage? Because i'm only 18 and don't have the cash for a full system, hense me looking for a backbox from motor-world :(

btw, the fitting between French 1.3s and Japaese 1.3s is supposedly different. I would be wary of "one backbox fits all".

As a reference I bought a TTE backbox off e-bay for £51 about a month and a half ago. Got it fitted for £20. Bit of a clean and you'd think I spent hundreds. Bonus is (from an insurance point of view) that its a Toyota part so its counted as "optional extra" rather than "modification". :D

:thumbsup:

A

Bonus is (from an insurance point of view) that its a Toyota part so its counted as "optional extra" rather than "modification". :D

A

That's sweet - so if I fit a toyota spoiler ie TTE one it shouldn't affect my insurance?

Makes sence about not paying extra for my leather seats - I guess I'll wait for Tina for a ligit responce ;)

Honest Dave... My insurance was no different when I had the TTE springs and the 14" alloys as they were classed as "optional extras". It was the OZs that pushed up the price of mine - and I'm old (relatively speaking)

A

Bonus is (from an insurance point of view) that its a Toyota part so its counted as "optional extra" rather than "modification". :D

A

That's sweet - so if I fit a toyota spoiler ie TTE one it shouldn't affect my insurance?

Makes sence about not paying extra for my leather seats - I guess I'll wait for Tina for a ligit responce ;)

cool! so if i put on a TTE spoiler, TTE back box, T-sport Skirts and TTE splitter i dont have to tell insurance?!

what bout different back lights? and im guessin they'll need to know about non toyota lowering?

well.... they're optional extras. that's all I'll say. You'd need Blue84 or someone to confirm.

I guess different back lights would be a definite "mod", but you may get away if they're from another Yaris. ie P2 into a P1 or similar.

You would really need to check with someone who is in the industry.

A

so technically if I was to get a tte supercharger fitted it would be classed as an optional extra.

extra power for no extra insurance cost.

(probably not though)

Cool, I'll be looking out for a TTE exhaust, but do none of you recommend a backbox from a place like motor-world? Or would that be extra work customising it for my Yaris..

if your on a tight budget it's not worth mentioning any of the other exhausts as they are over £300, that's even if they fit the 1.3.

Most are 4" tailpipes because it's jap and it's a jap thing to have a 4" tailpipe.

TTE is your best bet, or others are mongoose, remus and I also think omp do one.

Unless you get a price from your local longlife or powerflow place.

I wouldn't bother with a universal one as you'll never get it to fit yourself, and all powerflow and other places do is just fit a universal backbox anyway but with custom pipework.

BTW you don't have to bucher your bumper to fit a 4" tailpipe. It can be fitted underneath or if you go to powerflow, they cut a nice half circle out of my bumper when I had my last exhaust on my other yaris fitted.

Mate, if you go to somewhere like www.eurperformance.co.uk you can buy backboxes made for a yaris that will bolt up no problem, and clear the bumper. That site has a couple nice ones, just go to the site, search by car and click on backboxes.

If you go for a universal one you'll have more bother and you'll have to weld it to fit and have bumper issues. But if you buy one made for a yaris like the supersprint or sebring on europerformance.co.uk they will bolt on no bother. And theyre real nice and a little different to a tte. And cheaper :thumbsup: