Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris 2000, Ignition Keys Confusion

Sidhu

Yaris 2000 Linea Sol 5 doors, Black with Auto

Hi Pals

I have just almost finalised to buy Yaris 1.3 with 5 door Hatchback (Auto) in Black colour, you guys must have familiar that in Scandinivia Toyota called this model as Yaris Linea Sol

What I am wondering is, that this owner has only two keys with him., one is bit darker in color and the second one is lighter like grey but identical physically .Both are without any remote buttons on it.

I believe this means that either this model came without remote centeral locking or the Main Master Key (with bottons) has been lost intentionally or accedently. But when asked owner he said this model was not equipped with Remote locking system

Can Any one please suggest me whether or not this model comes with remote centeral locking.

NB: With both current keys all the operations can be fulfilled, means with one twist (insertion) on any of the front doors all the five doors can be locked or unlocked

Waiting for your reply

Cheers

Sidhu

Hi Pals

I have just almost finalised to by Yaris 1.3 with 5 door Hatchback (Auto) in Black colour, you guys must have familiar that in Scandinivia Toyota called this model as Yaris Linea Sol

What I am wondering is, that this owner has only two keys with him., one is bit darker in color and the second one is lighter like grey but identical physically .Both are without any remote buttons on it.

I believe this means that either this model came without remote centeral locking or the Main Master Key (with bottons) has been lost intentionally or accedently. But when asked owner he said this model was not equipped with Remote locking system

Can Any one please suggest me whether or not this model comes with remote centeral locking.

NB: With both current keys all the operations can be fulfilled, means with one twist (insertion) on any of the front doors all the five doors can be locked or unlocked

Waiting for your reply

Cheers

Sidhu

Welcome to TOC

I do not think that model had remote central locking fitted so if your keys both work the standard central locking (Non - Remote) you should be alright

Hi Pals

I have just almost finalised to buy Yaris 1.3 with 5 door Hatchback (Auto) in Black colour, you guys must have familiar that in Scandinivia Toyota called this model as Yaris Linea Sol

Waiting for your reply

Cheers

Sidhu

Hi Pals

I have just almost finalised to by Yaris 1.3 with 5 door Hatchback (Auto) in Black colour, you guys must have familiar that in Scandinivia Toyota called this model as Yaris Linea Sol

Waiting for your reply

Cheers

Sidhu

Welcome to TOC

I do not think that model had remote central locking fitted so if your keys both work the standard central locking (Non - Remote) you should be alright

As above :)

Hi Pals

Waiting for your reply

Cheers

Sidhu

Welcome to TOC

Shouldn`t be there 3 keys that came along with New Yaris in 2000s

But Shouldn`t be there 3 Keys, that come along with New yaris`s during 2000-2001s

The master key will be the light colour key - whether you do or dont have remote central locking the master key will just be a key and not have the remote built in/on.

The other key will be the main key.

When you buy the car brand new you are supposed to get one master key ie the light gray one and two normal keys.

However I have brought several cars and recieved only the master key and main key and this has been from a main dealership.

If you only get the two keys then fair enough as it ins't a problem ......

*This is in england mind you