Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius Alarm System - Any Known Problems ?

kramaring

how to disable car alam 2006-2009 toyota prius .  nobody will tell you .. its a trade secret  . 

but i know ..    first you have to understand why this happens . 

On 2/8/2021 at 7:06 PM, roger 121 said:

how to disable car alam 2006-2009 toyota prius .  nobody will tell you .. its a trade secret  . 

but i know ..    first you have to understand why this happens . 

it happends from a nagative code received from your key fob and . 

near by cars which were made around the same year as your car . in my case it was a 2010 bmw 3 series . so when he used his key fob .

my prius lights would flash . sending a panic signal to my car .  the prius key fob sends a negative signal when the keyfob Battery is low and 

when changing the Battery on your keyfob .

• 9 months later...

Hello.

I own a 09 1.5 Prius. I had an annoying problem with the alarm going off round the clock for a day or so,  strangely and usually after a fairly long run. I read everything there was on the subject but nothing helped. That is - until I tried switching off all in-car mobile phones during these longish trips. No receiving calls or the kids playing games in the back seats.
The problem disappeared immediately.

It’s OK to have the phones in the car but they must be SWITCHED OFF to avoid interfering with the alarm when the car was later parked.

Now I have quiet nights and grateful neighbours.🙂

Hope this helps.

good luck 👍

Gerard Roberts. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Hi Gerrard, welcome to TOC. What a strange story you have to tell, who would have thought switched on mobile phones would have caused problems. What, though, made you turn the phones off?

2 hours ago, Gerard Roberts said:

Hello.

I own a 09 1.5 Prius. I had an annoying problem with the alarm going off round the clock for a day or so,  strangely and usually after a fairly long run. I read everything there was on the subject but nothing helped. That is - until I tried switching off all in-car mobile phones during these longish trips. No receiving calls or the kids playing games in the back seats.
The problem disappeared immediately.

It’s OK to have the phones in the car but they must be SWITCHED OFF to avoid interfering with the alarm when the car was later parked.

Now I have quiet nights and grateful neighbours.🙂

Hope this helps.

good luck 👍

Gerard Roberts. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

you have to reset alarm ... it's very simple . or turn off alarm .  under the bonnet on the right hand side there is a fuse box .  in the fuse box   . 

u see the brown fuse on the top go down . number 6 its a blue fuse  . OR [ the 2 blue fuse next to each other  .  u want the top one ] 

THIS fuse controls 5 things . ..  alarm .  central locking system   .  power steering   .  radio and clock in the car . . 

when you remove the number 6 blue fuse you can still drive your car just remember you will not have this 5 things .  . OK NOW HOW TO RESET ALARM .

in the fuse box you will see a white pick u need that to remove and put back the fuse .  unlock your car and remove the blue fuse  

then leave your door open and put key fob in the ignition and put the fuse back . and that it the alarm should be reset . 

PS try replacing it with a new fuse .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links