Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Chirping, Squeeking Sound

ToTo_17

Hi all!

Today, it came out of nowhere, a high pitched squeeking, chirping sound can be heard on idle and when driving around. If I face the engine, its coming from the right side or from near the center. I thought it was the belts at firts and sprayed some silocone on them, but the problem is still around. Sometimes the sound goes away, so its not constant, but its real annoying! I took off the engine cover and played around with some hoses on the right side, incase those were making the sound, but no luck... Do you guys know what could be causing this problem?

it's only the belts that move when idling, not unless something is caught somewhere like a small stone.

I don't think it would make a sound like that and not much air is going into it on idle but could it be your air filter, small air leak somewhere, even on/around throttle body.

You haven't fitted your crank pulley yet have you, it could be that.

other than that i'm not sure

it's only the belts that move when idling, not unless something is caught somewhere like a small stone.

I don't think it would make a sound like that and not much air is going into it on idle but could it be your air filter, small air leak somewhere, even on/around throttle body.

You haven't fitted your crank pulley yet have you, it could be that.

other than that i'm not sure

Ive got the Envy Air Intake on and fitted the Perrin pulley as well, these have been on for about a month or more now... No problems till today. :( Where could there possible be an air leak, in the Envy filter itself or in the pipe? How about with the pulley, its loosening up or what? The sound is coming from the right side though, not really from the belts. Ive put some silicone spray on the belts, but its still making the sound...

it could be a leak from around any of the silicone hose joints.

check the pulley to make sure it's not wobbling when it's spinning.

the only other thing I know of on the right hand side is the clutch and gearbox, but those are lower down.

re check all silicone hoses and clamps, as they can work loose.

does it get louder when you'r driving, if so try revving the car whilst under the bonnet, you may hear it better, and be able to tell where it's coming from.

it could be a leak from around any of the silicone hose joints.

check the pulley to make sure it's not wobbling when it's spinning.

the only other thing I know of on the right hand side is the clutch and gearbox, but those are lower down.

re check all silicone hoses and clamps, as they can work loose.

does it get louder when you'r driving, if so try revving the car whilst under the bonnet, you may hear it better, and be able to tell where it's coming from.

I checked the pulley, it's not wobbling at all when spinning. Im not sure if it could be the clutch or gearbox, maybe... It doesn't really get so much louder when driving, but I can hear it, and also its not a constant sound, sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. For example, this morning I started the car up and went for a quick drive and so sound at all, opened up the bonnet, revved the car and nothing. But yesterday I did the same and could hear the sound, at one point it sounded like it was coming from under the engine cover. I took the engine cover off and the sound became quieter, but it was still there. After installing the engine cover, the sound was more intense...

Would the loose silicone hoses and clamps cause such a chirping squeeking sound? I tightened them up real hard, but will check them out.

Would the loose silicone hoses and clamps cause such a chirping squeeking sound? I tightened them up real hard, but will check them out.

I don't know but it's one of the recent mods you have done.

From the description of the sound i would say it's something on the belt/crank pulley side of things.

not unless you have a nest of birds under your engine :D

I don't know but it's one of the recent mods you have done.

From the description of the sound i would say it's something on the belt/crank pulley side of things.

not unless you have a nest of birds under your engine :D

Yeah, but the mod has been on for more than a month now and this sound has never popped up or occurred in the past. So wouldn't it have come up right after the install?

I also thought of the crank pulley or the belts, but I hear it from the other side. I dont know, but today I didn't hear it at all even though I only took a few short drives...

I hope I dont have any birds under my engine, but I'll double check! :crybaby:

Yeah, but the mod has been on for more than a month now and this sound has never popped up or occurred in the past. So wouldn't it have come up right after the install?

Not necessarily.

It's just a bit wierd that it's happened after fitting the mods, i'm only suggesting a few things, and I could be completely off the mark. Some things can take time to develop.

But your eliminating things one by one.

Not necessarily.

It's just a bit wierd that it's happened after fitting the mods, i'm only suggesting a few things, and I could be completely off the mark. Some things can take time to develop.

But your eliminating things one by one.

Yeah, Im not sure whats up, because now the sounds have not come up for the past 2 days... :thumbsup:

I hope they dont come back at all though... Its just odd that it happened and all of a sudden its one.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links