Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Smoking Ban 1st Of July

JappyBeast

Ban Smoking?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Government doing the right thing banning smoking in Pubs/Work?

• Yes. Smoking is filth!
    • No. We have the right to smoke where we want!

Not a very safe one!

We have all the guidlines at work to what you can and cant do.

Have you heard the one about no smoking in company cars unless its a convertable!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JappyBeast

• 1bloke1dog1mr2

• Jinxed

• Kev Mc

Smoking ban's been in place in Ireland for a number of years. Best thing that ever happened. When I land in another country that still allows smoking I immediately think how backward the country is to allow this. England was a little slow but is finally copping on.

I'm pretty sure the convertible thing isn't true. What if you've got the roof up? Are you allowed to use the ashtray?

I hate it when my OH smokes in my car, the ash flies behind the seats when the roof or the windows are down. It's taken me 2 years to change the blown fuse to the cig lighter!!!

Smoking ban's been in place in Ireland for a number of years. Best thing that ever happened. When I land in another country that still allows smoking I immediately think how backward the country is to allow this. England was a little slow but is finally copping on.

When you can finally get on with your neighbours and stop killing each other, then you can call England Backward!!

When smoking is made no1 priority in a world full of starvation, disease, torture and genocide, it just proves how messed up people have become. Trying to save those who dont want saving or those who are crying out for it, thats not a hard question to answer!

I have given up smoking now for one week and loving the nice breath!!! However as you can probably tell Im a bit touchy and so 'westwood' Im gonna find you, smoke up the 22' rears on my car and make you cough, for all the smokers out there!! :!Removed!: ;)

peace out

theyre also on about banning drivers from smoking

I think it's fair to not allow somebody to drive along putting a lit cigarette to their lips when I can't drive along eating a mars bar. How is eating worse? If you drop a bar of chocolate you're eating as you're driving you make a mess of your top, if you drop a cigarette you're smoking as you're driving you risk setting yourself on fire.

As far as the law goes though, I think they should let you do both.

Trying to save those who dont want saving or those who are crying out for it, thats not a hard question to answer!

The idea is to allow people to smoke as long as it doesn't kill the people who don't smoke. I agree that we should be doing more to feed th starving 3rd world but that's a seperate issue & I think it's right that they're finally sorting the smoking issue

I'm pretty sure the convertible thing isn't true. What if you've got the roof up? Are you allowed to use the ashtray?

It is very true! I was sent the government guide lines.

I'm guessing that in that instance a company car means only one person uses it, because a pool car would be shared and that's passive smoking??

Mind you, nice if you work for a company that has a convertible ;)

I'm guessing that in that instance a company car means only one person uses it, because a pool car would be shared and that's passive smoking??

Mind you, nice if you work for a company that has a convertible ;)

Could take a tin opener to the Focus!

• 1 month later...

the bast !Removed! is after s*x,

so the quickie in the bog is out now

dreaming about my younger days

I think smoking is :censor: and it should be banned everywhere and anywhere unless it is in the smokers own private place such as their home or car.

Personally I'm very pleased about this, now I can go into a pub, and not have to have everything washed when I come out because it stinks of smoke.

It also plays havok with your contact lenses.

Should give the people who started for some reason an incentive to stop as well.

Just got back from Scotland, tonight was my first time in an english non smoking pub.

IT WAS GREAT!

i heard next they are looking at people smoking in their houses when having visitors

There is alot of spin on this subject at the moment, dont believe everything you hear!.. I dont think it will go any further, the government will end up shooting themselves in the foot!

I'm loving how the cigerette machines are still switched on!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links