Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

56 Plate Yaris - Rear Lights Rubbing Wing

craggyislander

Hi Guys

I am the proud owner of a 56 plate T3 and really like the car apart from one small thing I noticed a few days ago.

Please could I ask other new shape Yaris owners to check this as I have had a quick glance at 3 other Yaris's and seen the same thing.

If you look at the bottom of the offside rear light cluster just where it wraps round the rear wing,the leading edge/bottom corner of mine is rubbing against the wing and has removed both the top coat of laquer and the base coat.

There is now a 1/4 inch mark on the wing where the edge of the light cluster is rubbing. Its white, presumably because its the undercoat.

The nearside,although VERY close to the wing is not rubbing - and this appears to be the same issue with the other 3 cars I have looked at - all of them had these marks on the paint in this specific location.

My concern is that as time goes on,the plastic is eventually going to rub down to the metal and let rust start.

This is similar to whats happened to Honda and the new Civic.

Here's a link to the pic - apologies for the iffy quality of the image! - its the vertical mark going up the wing.

http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00339xc8.jpg

Have any other members got this problem? :(

Take it back to the dealer mate and get them to sort it !!!

If that doesn't work take it to toyota HQ

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links