Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trd Short Shifter

amirrzz

guys, i just fit my short throw shifter few hours back(2007 yaris)...the thing is, i can barely feel the 'shortness' of the shift :ffs: i thought it is that short that i dont have to 'swing' my skinny hand!!! is it me or is it a wrong shifter actually being delivered to me?

o yea, what is the advantage of using aluminium crank pulley? any torque increase?

pls reply asap anyone

I remember someone on here (armoredfist) bought the TRD shifter and had both the shifters off and there was no difference at all. Apparently you're better going for the Perrin one. :thumbsup:

I haven't noticed any difference between stock and trd one.

They were exactly the same when side by side.

The only thing I didn't measure was the where the ball is on the bottom, I think that is supposed to be longer which is then supposed to make the shifts shorter that's why you get metal bushes which lifts the whole gearstick up about 5mm.

It's probably such a small difference it's not noticable.

the perrin one is ajustable, but there is not much room to increase the length to make the shifts really short

i fitted a TWM shifter at the beginning of the week and its great, can sure notice the difference :D

$%#@#!!!!! i thought i was the only one w this problem and assume TRD delivered wrong shifter...hmmff!! anyways how about the aluminium crank pulley? will there be any difference if i swap c-one crank pulley w the original pulley? and what should i expect?

when im next down in reading you can have a try mate :)

seems pretty nice yeah. i was never really slow at changing gears anyway as you can notice from my pod times lol but this just makes it that little bit quicker. 2.5inches shorter feels a lot nicer too compared to the old length, more of a comfortable change for me

Nice that would be great made always thought about doing it, just wondered if it was worth it or gimik!

Thanks!

The TWM better/similar/worse than the Perrin adjustable one? You tried both Jason? How much did the TWM set you back imported?

never tried the perrin one.

altogether including the mounting bushes and the customs charge it was 124

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links