Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stone Chips

SteveR.

Any recommendations on products and/or techniques for dealing with stone chips on metallic? My car's less than a week old and I've already picked up a few of the buggers :(

Simlarly for scratches (little one, not through to metal, but detectable with a fingernail).

• 2 weeks later...

best technique I have found is a proper paint mix from the dealer and then use a cocktail stick with a very small amount on, then just press into the stone chip, this is much more accurate than the brush that come with most of them.

have a practise on an older car first if you can

Thanks, I've got some proper paint on order from a local dealer, will try the cocktail stick trick.

• 5 weeks later...

would someone be able to show me exactly? i have a few on mine :(

and i have tried polishing it and nthing works, the chip stick doesnt seem to work either, and i have yet to try the touch up paint that has come with the car because i dont want to muck something up and it looks shocking :(

• 2 years later...

Any recommendations on products and/or techniques for dealing with stone chips on metallic? My car's less than a week old and I've already picked up a few of the buggers :(

Simlarly for scratches (little one, not through to metal, but detectable with a fingernail).

Hi Steve,

You may want to consider having a protective film applied - something like 'Ventureshield'. I had the front bumper, bonnet, wing mirrors, leading edge of front wings and the top surface of rear bumper done when my RAV was new. I have to drive along a road between a number of gravel pits and you can imagine what that's like. 18 months on and no evidence of chips. It's not cheap but it depends on how far you want to go with protecting your paintwork.