Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport 0-60

yazburner

Have raced my bf in his corolla T sport, me in the yaris obviously, he kept off lift and just had the edge. However through the twisys it was almost a different story :P

TOC does not condone posts about racing on public roads.................save the posts about racing for the track. :)

Edited by kimi

people take things so seriously lol

Not really Jason..................................I lost a very dear friend because of two "drivers" that were racing on public roads.

That was no laughing matter, I had to identify the body :(

It is a good idea to occaisionally remind ALL drivers that road racing IS ILLEGAL and CAN CAUSE DEATH :(

dont care who they are everyone has had a little play on public roads sometime or another in their life.

Edited by kimi

dont care who they are everyone has had a little play on public roads sometime or another in their life.

Thats not really the point - no-ones a saint!

If people wish to drive like fools on a public road then thats down to them however I'm asking you all nicely to not brag about illegal exploits on a public forum. Start talking sensible talk or I'll whip out the old mod belt...

Back to your "CAN A YARIS KEEP UP WITH A COROLLA " the answer is a BIG NO! lol my friend has a turbo'd yaris and when I had my CTS he still couldn't keep up with me in anyway look at it logically 189bhp vs 105bhp even with the yaris's big weight advantage it doesn't stand a chance! DRIVE SAFE!

This topic has been cleaned up by me :rolleyes:

As it had totally gone from what it started out as :offtopic:

Please try to keep it on topic :thumbsup:

Until anybody gets their car timed with proper gear, saying they can do 60mph in xxx seconds is a load of bull. Stopwatches are innacurate, as are speedometers. For example... go drive bheind a HGV on the motorway, I can guarantee your speedo reads at 60mph or more. The HGV is limited to 56mph, so your speedo is 4mph out. By that reckoning, you need to hit 64/65mph before you've actually hit 60mph. A stopwatch will only start/stop when you tell it to... you can be a second out using this method.

If you want a good technique when you have got timing gear attached, try dumping the clutch at 4000rpm, change gear at peak power (6000rpm, not redline) so that the car pulls then at maximum torque in the next gear. You also want to change gear at full throttle with only a tiny dip of the clutch and slam the gear in. This is the fastest way to 60mph in a FWD car with sub-200bhp. It isn't good for the car though in anyway!

If you've done a 1/4 mile at santa pod, there's a conversion chart on the internet somewhere which can fairly accuratley calculate your 0-60 from your time slip entry. Can't remember where it is though! I think mine came up at 10.8sec to 60mph. This was when my car was 100bhp dyno-proven and had a crap run at pod. Take into account extra power and better gear ratio of t-sport and you're looking at 9sec flat when driven properly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links