Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 6 St202 Capability

Handson29

a 2 litre, 4 cylinder naturally aspirated, unmodified car, 10 year old model.............obviously i'm not talking about the public roads but on a private track it indicated 145 which seems very surprising, was a long run and downhill, most it ever did before was 135.

I wonder about mine aswell as it's an import so the speedo only goes upto 120 but i've gone way over that. Amazing since the guy who i bought it off said it was still restricted (at 112).

I've got a sat nav so i'll use that one day to test for sure

i've got a sat nav as well and it reads generally about 8-9% under the speedo, however i still trust the speedo when going through speed cameras! I didn't have it on, on the track obviously

Don't trust the domestic Sat Nav. It's not that accurate especially at high speeds.

What you want to your SS2 is limited to your wallet mate. It's got a tough engine that can take quite a lot.

Most of us do the usual stage 1 mods to sort out the breathing.

Remove the air box and put in an induction. De-restrict the engine.

Decat your exhaust and you'll get a lot more response and a bit more bhp.

Don't trust the domestic Sat Nav. It's not that accurate especially at high speeds.

What you want to your SS2 is limited to your wallet mate. It's got a tough engine that can take quite a lot.

Most of us do the usual stage 1 mods to sort out the breathing.

Remove the air box and put in an induction. De-restrict the engine.

Decat your exhaust and you'll get a lot more response and a bit more bhp.

Domestic Sat Nav will be more accurate than the speedo

I find that at 70mph my sat nav is at least 4-5 mph down on my speedo. So that means that most of the cars out there display the wrong speed??? I also have driven through the sensors which show your speed and the figure shown is whats on my speedo rather than the sat nav.

After all the sat nav can hardly keep up round roundabouts and the estimated times are a joke under 5 miles.

I used to use sat nav speedo when in drove a Porsche as the speedo went up 25mph at a time and so it was impossible to work out how fast when you were rapidly approaching a camera!! lol

To test the GPS Speed properly get yourself on a long straight road then get your self to a constant speed say 60 (on the dash) - now keep at that speed for 10 seconds or so and read the GPS speed. That will be a lot more accurate than the car.

Car speedos all over-read due to the law - it's just a matter of how much. It's illegal to sell a car which under-reads the speed (obvious I suppose as everyone would be suing the car dealers when they get speeding fines) but they are allowed to be up to 10% over - so for safety's sake they usually go for at least 5% over.

I've had over 140mph in mine and it was still pushing but i had to back off as i came to a bumpy part of the M1 and it was getting scary :D

No changes from stock apart from the k&n induction kit and SS exhaust.

So in actual fact its probably closer to the manufacturers figure of 137mph. Sounds about right considering the power loss you expect from cars around 10 years old, considering the mods.

Naughty Boy ;)

Mines an older st183, and being imported the speedo is in KMPH (DOH!!), it maxes out at 180kmph, which is about 110, but I've had it well past where there should but isn't a needle stop

Had a loan of a TomTom 700 for a trip up to Hull this week and my speedo was only 5% out with the TomTom info so was quite chuffed with that (TomTom @ 90mph, speedo reading 94/5mph) :thumbsup:

On the same trip I managed over 36 mpg which is excellent considering I kept a good 60+ mph average and took the A1 back down to London which meant lots of powering out of roundabouts! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links