Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should The Temp Light Be On After Starting Car?

Zaminabs

I really dont know much abut cars part from driving them. A friend pointed out that the green temperature light shouldn't be on after the car is started.

Should the green temperature (turns from red to green) light be in after starting the car? :help:

Yeah it basically means the car is still cold - after a few mins it'll go out.... :thumbsup:

as Em said it means the car is cold, once it's warmed up it goes off, and if it comes on red when driving it's overheating.

I may add a seperate temp guage to mine, as the light goes off when engine is warm, but you don't know when the car is fully warmed to start having a bit of fun, without damaging the engine.

Thanks guys, I honestly didn't know that. I used to drive with the light on.

I really dont know much abut cars part from driving them. A friend pointed out that the green temperature light shouldn't be on after the car is started.

Should the green temperature (turns from red to green) light be in after starting the car? :help:

My temp light is blue, not green :eek:

It goes out after driving for a short while depending on the ambient temperature.

My temp light is blue, not green :eek:

It goes out after driving for a short while depending on the ambient temperature.

Yeah same as mine!

Surely it'd be blue not green: Blue = Cold

Red = Hot

Thanks guys, I honestly didn't know that. I used to drive with the light on.

It is perfectly OK and normal to drive with the Blue/Green temperature light on.

It is however, advisable not to over rev the engine until the light has gone out to avoid unnecessary wear on the engine.

in other words when the blue light goes off

"give it the beans"

The blue/green thing is a difference between the digital and analogue dials. I am considering getting one of these ScanGauge II it gives a LOT more info than the usual dashboard, it also gives error codes etc to sort out problem as and when they occur

The blue/green thing is a difference between the digital and analogue dials.

Are you sure about that?

I thought it was blue on all models...

it is blue on the digital display i drive and blue on the tsport display i did have.

its possibly a slight variation of blue which looks different in different light, doesnt matter tho, does the same job

Does the Scanguage II work with the Yaris and will it work with a 1999 model. I was considering purchasing one myself but didn't want to waste the money if there was a chance it didn't work.

Does the Scanguage II work with the Yaris and will it work with a 1999 model. I was considering purchasing one myself but didn't want to waste the money if there was a chance it didn't work.

Quote from Scangauge website;

Will the ScanGauge II work on my vehicle?

The Scangauge II will work on most cars and light trucks since model year 1996. There are also some 1994 and 1995 models which the ScanGauge II will work on. There are some vehicles built after 1996 that the ScanGauge II will not work on or has some limitations in the gauges and trip information.

Why not ask them if it is compatible with your car?

A friend has ordered one for his cars so I will try in mine and also in a friend who has a 99 1.0gs yaris and let you know. I think basically if your car has the correct ODBII port you will get some info out it just depends on how much/compatible each individual make and model of car is.

The blue/green thing is a difference between the digital and analogue dials.

Are you sure about that?

I thought it was blue on all models...

My 56 reg 1.0 T3 has a GREEN cold engine light. Definitely GREEN. Digital dash, kind of bluey/green.

Not wanting to sound like a complete gimp, but what the hell is a Scanguage????!

Not wanting to sound like a complete gimp, but what the hell is a Scanguage????!

A Scangauge II (www.pureenergysystems.com/store/ScanGauge/ ) is a device for viewing information from the Engine Management System you can't normally see, such as Battery voltage, engine temperature, air inlet temperature etc. It is also a fault code reader allowing you to see the code for any faults your system may throw up, particularly those that bring on the Malfunction Indicator Light. It plugs into a socket just below the bonnet release lever.

It reads OBD2, On Board Diagnostics 2, which is the system the Yaris operates from but this doesn't necessarily mean it is compatible with that exact vehicle.