Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T180 Remap/tuning Box

Kev76

Just been looking on Dragon performance website regarding a tuning box for my T180.

Bhp goes from 177bhp to 204bhp and torque from 400nm to 450nm!

Cost is £299 which is reasonable i think!

Has anyone used Dragon performance or tried these tuning boxes?

Anyone remaped their T180?

Just been looking on Dragon performance website regarding a tuning box for my T180.

Im near to buying the Tunit (www.tunit.co.uk) module at £499

This up's power from 177 to 200 and torque from 295 to 325lb/ft

- reading up i think those figures are the min you could expect..

However im interested to hear any experiences with Dragon's chip..

although to be honest ive not heard of them before.. (and i feel their website looks tacky/small time so that would be a concern from the off) .. end of the day its an expensive motor to leave at the mercy of an unknown tuners re-map .. and i'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for"...

Cheers

S.

Hi. I don,t know about your T180 but I tried Dragon tuning box in my 2.0 D4D 2005 Rav and it wouldnt work atall

despite sending it back twice to get power output on box reduced (so they said). The car would not rev above 1500 revs and wouldnt pull the socks of you and belched black smoke also engine ran very roughly Changing the jumper on it made very little difference either.Granted they gave me back my money .They said these Toyota engines were very hard to increase power on. Maybe you would have better luck

I can tell you that this system works. It raises the torque from 400 to 480Nm and the BHP from 177 to 211.

I drove it in an Avensis T180 and it was just astonishing.

Regards

http://www.steinbauer.cc/index.php?select_engine=7685

Thats the one I was trying to think of as well Anchorman, cheers for that. I still cannot understand why Toyota Motorsport (TTE) have not done an upgrade for the T180 yet. They do one for the 4.2 model D4D but not for the newer model (4.3). Just in passing is the Tunit powerboost one any good ?

Clare :thumbsup:

OK so looks like a few options then for us which is really good to see :)

The Steinbauer looks good, price is a little higher again but power looks excellent

Steinbauer : £586 inc. VAT

Tunit : £499 inc. VAT

Dragon : £299 ... somehow this looks too cheap .... :!Removed!:

Re: Tunit ive read good reviews of it, but havent experienced it myself. Im sure i read somewhere some Toyota garages were re-selling the tunit as a dealer addon?.. (but for c£800)

Steinbauer may be the way to go then .. looking at the power gains for a few extra quid :D

I am not familiar with the Tunit device.

I did speak to the people at Steinbauar and they were very helpful. They will send you the fitting instructions if you email them - just in case you fancy a dabble!

Cheers.

Thanks the Stienbauer is just what i have been looking for, any ideas how much it would add to insurance on my £400 yearly premium.

Thanks the Stienbauer is just what i have been looking for, any ideas how much it would add to insurance on my £400 yearly premium.

Would be interesting to find out if it does affect your insurance premium, and by how much.

Clare :thumbsup:

No but this what they say about warranty;

"All power gains are kept within the manufacturer’s tolerances so it won’t jeopardise any reliability issue or change any service intervals.

Regarding warranty then you will need to check with your local dealer as we do deal with some Toyota main dealers in the UK some are enthusiastic about are product and some are not, can you inform me on who your local dealer is as it may be possible to purchase and have it installed there if you don’t want to install it yourself."

Decisions decisions! :help:

I dont think i'd tell the insurance, it would just be another excuse for them to hammer us for more cash!

All the boxes seem to do the same thing. If the dragon box works well its a bargain! If not then get a refund.

Also saw Dieselpower Plus who do same box for £269.99

Look on www.bhpplus.co.uk and put in car details!

I do fancy the one that you can switcoff to passive mode for poor conditions etc.

I have to say, I am VERY interested in boosting power, but have BIG concerns as to the validity of the warranty as none of the kits mentioned appear to be officially endorsed by Toyota.

If they 'commissioned' one for the 4.3 (as per the 4.2) it would give me more peace of mind - it's a lot of car to have to pay to be fixed if there's a claim and the dealers find the engine's been tuned and decline the warranty!! :crybaby:

Come on Toyota, if these kits are boosting power well within the build tolerances - lets have one sharpish.

T200/T210 has a nice ring to it!!! :thumbsup:

I think it would be wise to pay the extra 50 or so odd quid for the insurance with a tuning box. If they ever discovered the box in the event of an accident you'd be in a right mess. £4 a month for extra shove over a year is a no brainer.

It all falls down to toyota servicing to see if they will fit it warranty intact.