Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Sr 1.3 Mmt

BassaJay

Hi to you all :D

Have just taken delivery of a new SR 1.3 MMT in Venetian Silver and must say how pleased I am with it.

Being used to an automated manual, I had the Honda Civic i-Shift, I think that the Yaris has the slight edge over it. Most of the Civic's driving was via the gear lever's sequential change and that is how my Yaris will be mainly used - both smooth and easy. Shame,no steering wheel paddle shift though. As regards the Auto mode or 'Easy' as Toyota call it does have a sport mode (ES) which is nice touch.

I had the HFT bluetooth dealer fitted and while my phone was easily paired up, I seem to have a problem with the voice recognition. There appears to be a possible microphone problem, I do not believe I mumble too much!

It will go back to the dealership for investigation - I wondered if anyone else has had any experience of this problem?

Although it's a smaller car than the Civic, in my opinion, the ride and build quality are superior.

Well pleased.

Hi,

Is the voice recognition voice that speak to you in uk english or american english?

If it is american english it does have trouble understanding what you say.

You can change the language settings if it in the incorrect setting.

Let me know if you need to know how to change it.

Mart

Hi,

Is the voice recognition voice that speak to you in uk english or american english?

If it is american english it does have trouble understanding what you say.

You can change the language settings if it in the incorrect setting.

Let me know if you need to know how to change it.

Mart

Thanks Mart

Ah yes, the voice is American English which is exactly how my dealer fitted and supplied it. Did not realize this could be changed and I would much appreciate your guidance.

The Honda I had was spoken in a American English dialect and that sort of understood OK.

Thanks for your help

Barrie

Hi Barrie.

If you press and hold the 'mode' and down arrow on the steering wheel. turn the ignition on (not start the car) still holding the buttons.

this should open up the language setup menu. the voice will guide you through the rest. when finished just start the engine and this saves the setting.

p.s if it doesnt work holding the down arrow, try the up arrow as i may have got the wrong button lol

let me know how you get on though.

Mart

Hi Barrie.

If you press and hold the 'mode' and down arrow on the steering wheel. turn the ignition on (not start the car) still holding the buttons.

this should open up the language setup menu. the voice will guide you through the rest. when finished just start the engine and this saves the setting.

p.s if it doesnt work holding the down arrow, try the up arrow as i may have got the wrong button lol

let me know how you get on though.

Mart

Thanks Mart, that is now sorted by following your advice, the HFT bluetooth voice recognition now works as it should do.

One black mark to Toyota for not listing the actual language options available in the owner's manual.

Two black marks to my dealership for not setting it up correctly in the first place.

Three black marks to my dealership for not twigging the problem (as you did) when I mentioned it to them.

As often is the case, something quite simple that should have been set up correctly on installation but also so easy to correct, can cause so much hassle.

Thanks for your help with this.

Glad i could help

Mart

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links