Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was Involved In An Accident Tonight...

Fizz

Jesus - go away for the week & look what happens.

glad you & your wife are ok mate.

One off my work colleagues son's were also involved in a crash - had to have head surgery but is ok & seems to be on the mends.

J

cheers for all the comments people.. :yes:

Spoke to the repair garage last night who have confirmed that they have submitted a report stating that in their eyes the car is a write off... all depends on whether the assessors at my insurance company come to the same conclusion... :huh:

I hope it is...

Sorry to hear of your bad news, Fizz but as all the others have already said, Nafisa, your cousin and yourself are ok and that's what matters every time. :yes:

I don't think you'll get much trouble from the insurance now. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Just contacted my insurance who have given the go ahead for my car to be repaired. :(

I shall have it back in due course...

you should have asked the garage to cause more damage to it lol

sorry to hear mate, thats never good, just make sure you are completely satsfied efore signing anything

tell me about it... well i suppose i can keep terrorising starlet Turbo's.. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

*****Update*****

Just picked up my car and apart from a couple of minor issues its spot on and looks mint.

Now.. just having read through the documents... had a look at the total cost for the repairs labour VAT etc etc...

It came up to £2,386.49!!! :eek:

Now... the value of the car...

£2,500!!! :ffs:

Why the ubik did the engineer overrule the garage when they submitted a report saying it was a financial write off!!"!??? :ffs:

I give up... :(

ok.. another point.. sorry to go on about this.

Where they have pulled out the wing, it has left a crease on the metal support bar that the wing panel is bolted onto at the side of the engine bay.

Obviously they have resprayed it etc and fone a good job but... the crease is still visable and as a result anyone looking to buy the car will see it and be put off as its obvious to those with experience that its damage repair.

This then reduces the value of my car.... so.. where do i stand on the matter?

I have rang up the claims dept and told them my concerns, they understand where i am coming from and are going to talk to the engineer who authorised the repair.

What possible outcomes can there be with this? My car is worth less as a result of an accident i did not cause... the car is repaired and I have it back but am not happy with it.

The repair work has been very good but no garage could have repaired the car without leaving some kind of crease.

Im ****** off to say the least... banghead.gif

there really are some retards in this world. Just say you are not happy and refuse to accept the car as the cars value NOW is actually less than what the repair was.

I don't know what you can do about it but the person at the garage is clearly taking the :censor: & you shouldn't have to lose out because of that so I hope the insurance company do something about it & make things work out in your favour

nahh.. the engineer is external to the garage and works for the Insurance company... he over-ruled the garage who stated that its a borderline financial write off.

nahh.. the engineer is external to the garage and works for the Insurance company... he over-ruled the garage who stated that its a borderline financial write off.

Surely you must be able to do something about if it he makes a mistake though? If similar cars are going for £2500 without the previous damage yours will now be worth less so it's cost more to repair than to replace so it's a write off. He got it wrong so why should you be out of pocket when you haven't done a thing wrong? I really wouldn't accept that

I was once told that if there weren't a lot of the type of car in question then they wouldn't write it off unless the repairs would cost more than it was worth.

Not sure how true it is and not sure how many GT4's there are in the UK?

Its a X-Plate Honda Civic 1.8VTi... they aint rare...

Just get someone with a protected no claims to accidentally drive into the side fo your car at 40mph. That should well and truly put your car in the scrap yard and possibly the driver in hospital, but never mind :thumbsup: