Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2nd Year Service

yaris_girl

Right folks, i'm due this within the next 2 weeks - how much am i going to be skinned roughly? :eek: And what do they NEED to do, and what will they TRY and do that isn't necessary?

Cheers. :thumbsup:

If you ring Mr T they will give you the price. The 2nd service is a major one. Check your hand book and it will tell you what they change check and charge for.

Check the invoice at the end.

Also check the time they take your car and then check the time it’s returned and make sure these times correspond with the invoice.

I was charged for labour when the car was actually in my possession (that’s theft) I was also charged for screen wash when it was actually full (theft again) they also said they had done jobs that hadn’t been done. At least ***** Turpin wore a mask.

I’m not saying they are cowboys, but I noticed they had parked all the cars in the forecourt in a circle

Also make sure you give them your locking wheel nut key.

Cheers - roughly though how much am i looking at before i phone around?

Got a price the other day nearest Mr. T said £202 all in, this include brake fluid change. Second Mr. T said £175 all in no mention of brake fluid change. Third Mr. T said £180 all in and no mention of brake fluid change. Rang first Mr. T back and asked if they did any thing more for the money and was told that’s funny are price is Only £174 all in but didn’t mention about brake fluid change. Strange how a price can drop when you query it

My second service was £185.54 and that was this time last year.

Brake fluid change should be done in the second service.

Obviously being your second service your car in still under warranty. It’s worth getting it done by Toyota until your 3 years are up.

I think you can get servicing done at other non Toyota garages as long as they use genuine Toyota parts and follow the recommended service guidelines.

Got the service, road tax AND insurance all due this month - to be honest i don't care who does it if it brings the cost down.

Got the service, road tax AND insurance all due this month -

Same here :crybaby:

Plus... just had my first MOT.

1 more quick question, when they send out the letter saying get it serviced on or before such and such a date, just how strict is this? Would a couple of days after void the service history?

If it’s a couple of days then get it done before the date!

Officially it’s 12 months or 10,000 miles whichever comes first.

Not sure how much leeway they would show, but don’t give then the opportunity to throw anything back at you.

Its purely due to me working and not sure if i can manage to get it in before the 'due' date.

I think that Toyota allow a 5% slippage on date or mileage (It is worth you asking them if this is correct)..........................but it is advisable to get it serviced at the correct time if possible :thumbsup:

£130 incl vat - BINGO! From a non Toyota garage but well known locally, can't argue with that.

Mine cost me about £250! That was in January time. Funny how they also tried to charge me for washer fluid even though it went into them full because my car is always too clean, i never need to use it. lol. They also tried to charge me another £250 for new brake discs and pads due to rust or something. Strange how my car is only 2 years old.

My parents got their Hona Jazz serviced last week and they were charged £5 for removing the oil.(environmental charge they called it)

If Toyota do something like that, then ask for the oil back and take it down the tip yourself as they usually take it for FREE!!!!!!!

there ya go, already saved you some dough!

Can anyone help with my service query. It's complicated so stay with me(!)..... My car will be 2 years old in September. In its first year it did a grand total of 12 miles as it was pre-registered and kept on a compound somewhere until October last year when I bought it off Toyota. It had its first service as it was 1 year old even though it hadn't been driven. Come September this year it'll be 2, and I'll have done around 10K miles, so it'll have its 2 year/20K service. Now then, the next service in the service book after that says 3 years or 30K, whichever comes first. The 3 years will come first but by then I expect to have 22K on the clock. However, does the Yaris need servicing every 10k miles regardless of time? In other words, will it need its next (3rd)service at 20K (which is neither 3 years or 30K as shows as the next service in the book).

The thing is......my major/minor servicing is totally out of synch due to the fact it did no miles in the first year and I do around 12K per year i.e. it got a minor service at practically 0 miles, it'll be getting a major service at 10K, minor service at 20K etc. Does this matter or not?

The servicing is every 3 years OR 10k miles, which ever comes first. Also due to being sat around for a year, things can degrade or perish and will still need checking or replacing.

Nothing is out of sync as time wise its due for its 3rd service regardless of miles.

On the other side of the coin, if you did 20k a year you would be on your 4th service in September even though it will still be 2 years old.

I’m in a similar situation. My car is 3 years old and has only done 16k but still has the 12 month service even if the mileage is on average the same as an 18 month old car.

My 4th service (major – 40k) next year it will still be around the 20/22k mark.

:thumbsup:

The servicing is every 3 years OR 10k miles, which ever comes first.

TVOR did you not mean to say every ONE year or 10K miles, whichever comes first?

Slip of the fingers?? :P

I've no problem with it having its 2 year/20K service in September as it will be 2 years old (and will co-incidentally have 10K on the clock), but it's after that where it gets confusing. I do more than the average 10K per year and estimate that I'll hit 20K in June 2008, at which point the car will be 2 years 9 months old with 20K on the clock and the service book will say that the next service is due at 3 years/30K, whichever comes first and at that point my car would meet neither of those criteria!

I understand the need for servicing/oil changes at least every 10K but I think the service book stamps page is poorly designed!

I've no problem with it having its 2 year/20K service in September as it will be 2 years old (and will co-incidentally have 10K on the clock), but it's after that where it gets confusing. I do more than the average 10K per year and estimate that I'll hit 20K in June 2008, at which point the car will be 2 years 9 months old with 20K on the clock and the service book will say that the next service is due at 3 years/30K, whichever comes first and at that point my car would meet neither of those criteria!

I understand the need for servicing/oil changes at least every 10K but I think the service book stamps page is poorly designed!

If your car is 2 years old, and has done 10k miles, it should have had 2 services according to Toyota. So, as yours will be 2 years old in September, you'll need to take it in for the 2yr/ 20k service.

When you get to 20K, then you don't need it serviced again, because it will have already had it's 2yr/ 20k service previously (Sept 2007 for you).

You'll then need to take it back instead, at it's 3 year interval, because it will be 3 years old, before it hits 30k.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links