Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2nd Year Service

yaris_girl

The servicing is every 3 years OR 10k miles, which ever comes first.

TVOR did you not mean to say every ONE year or 10K miles, whichever comes first?

Slip of the fingers?? :P

:!Removed!:

Yes!

My mistake... :yes:

Its purely due to me working and not sure if i can manage to get it in before the 'due' date.

Mine was due on the 18th December and I got it in on the 27th (due to being very busy over Christmas at work and not being allowed time off!)

I havent had to use the warranty but I assume it'll be fine as its not like I went too far over! :thumbsup:

If your car is 2 years old, and has done 10k miles, it should have had 2 services according to Toyota. So, as yours will be 2 years old in September, you'll need to take it in for the 2yr/ 20k service.

When you get to 20K, then you don't need it serviced again, because it will have already had it's 2yr/ 20k service previously (Sept 2007 for you).

You'll then need to take it back instead, at it's 3 year interval, because it will be 3 years old, before it hits 30k.

Gnome, this is exactly what I was thinking, but this contrasts with what the others were saying!

If your car is 2 years old, and has done 10k miles, it should have had 2 services according to Toyota. So, as yours will be 2 years old in September, you'll need to take it in for the 2yr/ 20k service.

When you get to 20K, then you don't need it serviced again, because it will have already had it's 2yr/ 20k service previously (Sept 2007 for you).

You'll then need to take it back instead, at it's 3 year interval, because it will be 3 years old, before it hits 30k.

Gnome, this is exactly what I was thinking, but this contrasts with what the others were saying!

Don't worry - they're wrong. :thumbsup:

Let me clarify this :

Toyota expect Yaris owners to put there cars in for a service every 10000 miles

OR

Toyota expect Yaris owners to put their cars in for a service every year

Yaris owners only have to put their cars in for a service ONCE ...........WHICHEVER COMES FIRST

IT REALLY IS NOT THAT COMPLICATED!!

whoa whoa no need to shout. I think there's only Gnome who understands the predicament. My gripe is the service stamps page. Theres a stamp for 10K/1 year, a stamp for 20K/2 years, 30K/3 years.

First service, no problem (car 1 year old, mileage minimal), second service, no problem (car is 2 years old, mileage is 10K). I have only recently bought the car and do more than 10K per year. The original question was 'When is the service after that due, in other words, the 3rd service?' According to the service book, I would have the first 2 stamps done, and the next one would state 30K/3 years.

So, do I get it done at 3 years old (with about 22K on the clock) - This is what Gnome says.

Or do I get it done at 20K (when car is 2 years 9 months or so old). This is what you say and makes sense,(in that its 10K since the previous service) but it does not match what is stated on the service stamps page, which is 30K/3 years.

Tell me it isn't a little confusing!

Deffo at 3 yrs, as you'll have had the major (20k) service at the 2yr interval.

If your mileage catches up by the time you get to 40 k though, and you reach 40k before it's 4 years old, then switch to 10k service intervals.

In a prediciment like yours, then yes, it does get confusing!

Like I said........................It really is not that complicated :rolleyes:

Every 10000 or every year..................whichever comes first................but NOT both :thumbsup:

{I was not shouting....................mearly trying to emphasise how uncomplicated it really is} :)

That's what everyone has been saying! groan.gif

If you do less than 10,000 miles a year, you will need your car servicing every 12 months from the date of registration, if you do no miles in a year, it will still need servicing every 12 months.

If you do more than 10,000 miles a year, you will need your car servicing every 10,000 miles regardless of the time you’ve had it, so for example if you did 30,000 in a year you would have 3 services in 12 months.

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links