Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Driving Position! Seat Not Central To Steering Wheel

morgan:est

Now ive got a fair few miles on my diesel 3 door auris im really sruggling to get comfitable.the seat does;nt feel in line with the steering wheel. not matter how much i adjust it i jut cannot get comfitable

any1 else

Now ive got a fair few miles on my diesel 3 door auris im really sruggling to get comfitable.the seat does;nt feel in line with the steering wheel. not matter how much i adjust it i jut cannot get comfitable

any1 else

I don't know if it's because the seat isn't central, or inline with the wheel, but I have noticed getting pins and needles in my right arm when driving the Auris, but it not there when driving others (Clio and Grande Punto)...I've also noticed that the driving seat seems to lower over time having to re adjust it to it's highest point again.

• 2 weeks later...

When I took an Auris for a testdrive I felt that the seat and wheel weren't aligned properly either, but having looked at the car I decided that the problem is with the centre 'bridge' - this pushes you over so that you don't sit centrally on the seat and so the wheel doesn't feel central.

• 2 weeks later...
When I took an Auris for a testdrive I felt that the seat and wheel weren't aligned properly either, but having looked at the car I decided that the problem is with the centre 'bridge' - this pushes you over so that you don't sit centrally on the seat and so the wheel doesn't feel central.

Having driven my T-Spirit for a week or so, including a "reasonable distance" the first time I drove it, I don't find the central bridge a problem. Still "tweaking" the seat to get things as I like them though, I recon the back-adjustment is the most awkward one to get right - and I'm not quite there with that one yet.

All Japanese, German, Italian cars give the driver plenty of leg room.....................unfortunately this is for the market with more units sold, yep, you've got it, left hand drive. :rolleyes:

I remember having a go in a flash Merc coupe once, my body was facing forward and my legs were pushed over to the right because of the bias in the transmission tunnel. :yes:

Les

I actually find the seating position in my T180 Auris to be great. I hated the the fact it didnt have a proper center armrest but it is forcing me not to lean slightly over placing my arm there like i do in our RAV. Therefore my lower back has felt better and less twisted.

Maybe its the change over your previous car that your not used to.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links