Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheres All The Oldies At?

The Red Man

I think Item 3 is an excellent excuse!!! Its like a get out of jail free card for poor performance. Identifying why people are leaving is the first step in attracting new members.

Car forums are places that should steadily grow as more and more people develope love affections with certain models. I have had no desire to join the DB9OC!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Red Man

• GIDDLEPIN

• Calisto

• Fizz

I also noticed that there is very little posting going on unless your in General Discussions and your name is Giddlepin or Pompay Gaz! :!Removed!: :thumbsup:

Or The Red Man ;)

Just a couple of stat's

1 weeks post count

DATE……………………RED MAN POSTS…………..GIDDLEPIN POSTS

22nd………………………………..11……………………………….0

21st……………………………………2……………………………….

20th……………………………………7……………………………….3

19th……………………………………3……………………………….7

18th……………………………………4……………………………….11

17th……………………………………9………………….…………….5

16th……………………………………7…………………..……………6

……………………………Total…...43…………..…….Total….40

Forums posted in………..…..4………………………………..7

Jesus, Giddlepin haven't you got anything better to do???!!! I mean you're meant to be managment and you spend your time comparing post counts with a member! Why don't you go and do something that is actually worthwhile

like trying to beat me on Funtrivia!! :D :D

Actually after today's effort that shouln't be too hard!!

Oh and welcome back 'The Red Man'...whoever you are!!! :thumbsup:

I think Item 3 is an excellent excuse!!! Its like a get out of jail free card for poor performance. Identifying why people are leaving is the first step in attracting new members.

Car forums are places that should steadily grow as more and more people develop love affections with certain models. I have had no desire to join the DB9OC!!!

I'm more interested in existing and new members than those who leave for what ever reasons, items 4/5/6 on the previous link cover this.

Many people have returned using their original or disguised names, even recently banned members are actively posting without any interference, good moderation will always weed out any undesirables, this may cause upset to a VERY small minority but that doesn't bother me in the least.

As far as poor performance goes, I am in the fortunate position of not owning any part of the club, not receiving payment from the club and not losing anything should I leave. This in no way detracts from the commitment to doing as much as I can for those members that appreciate my efforts, because one complement cancels out a hundred insignificant comments.

So can we expect you to put your name down for any of the meets or events we have at the moment?

(and what's wrong with the DB9OC?)

celsteve:

I'm going to wup your ***** this month........(if you don't play for the next few days :rolleyes:

Car forums are places that should steadily grow as more and more people develop love affections with certain models. I have had no desire to join the DB9OC!!!

I'm more interested in existing and new members than those who leave for what ever reasons, items 4/5/6 on the previous link cover this.

Many people have returned using their original or disguised names, even recently banned members are actively posting without any interference, good moderation will always weed out any undesirables, this may cause upset to a VERY small minority but that doesn't bother me in the least.

As far as poor performance goes, I am in the fortunate position of not owning any part of the club, not receiving payment from the club and not losing anything should I leave. This in no way detracts from the commitment to doing as much as I can for those members that appreciate my efforts, because one complement cancels out a hundred insignificant comments.

So can we expect you to put your name down for any of the meets or events we have at the moment?

(and what's wrong with the DB9OC?)

celsteve:

I'm going to wup your ***** this month........(if you don't play for the next few days :rolleyes:

Well said Les...........Your efforts for the club are appreciated by some of us :thumbsup: .......................by the way where did the pinned link to Funtrivia go?..........I have not had a chance to play for a few weeks

I have not been here long enough to really comment on how its run, but now Im here II should be able to make this site more interesting!!

As for meets then I should make one or two dependent on dates. Where would I go to find the next events?

I have not been here long enough to really comment on how its run, but now Im here II should be able to make this site more interesting!!

Nice one :thumbsup:

As for meets then I should make one or two dependent on dates. Where would I go to find the next events?

National meets info is HERE

There's a meet at Silverstone on the 3rd that has a few attending and your Celica would look good on the stand ;)

Nice one :thumbsup:

National meets info is HERE

There's a meet at Silverstone on the 3rd that has a few attending and your Celica would look good on the stand ;)

I like your little Slapa!!! :lol: How impractical is it, being that you have another bigger car you can use??? I would be really interested to know your honest opinion on the car ie mechanically, comfort, performance. The reason I ask is that a girl at my company is looking at getting one but only has about 6k max and her partner has a large 4 door car she can borrow and so I said I would ask, so whilst I have your attention I thought id pick your brains ;)

I normally go to meets in my Gen 6 as its an original stock example thats in mint condition, more though to give it a run than anything.

I like your little Slapa!!! :lol: How impractical is it, being that you have another bigger car you can use??? I would be really interested to know your honest opinion on the car ie mechanically, comfort, performance. The reason I ask is that a girl at my company is looking at getting one but only has about 6k max and her partner has a large 4 door car she can borrow and so I said I would ask, so whilst I have your attention I thought id pick your brains ;)

To be honest the term “impractical” is usually bandied about by either the competition or somebody who is used to four doors and a boot, after owning mine for nearly five years I would call it “adaptable”.

There is a reasonable (to small) compartment behind the seats and a comedy “Frunk” (Front Trunk) under the bonnet, anybody good at packing suitcases will be more than capable of stowing quite a number of items, Anne and I have been to JAE with a tent, two sleeping bags, 2 fold up chairs, beer, wine, towels, clothes and other stuff, so a weekly shop can be a doddle.

Mechanically they are a sound as most Toyotas but as in all cases that can depend on how the last owners treated them. Since owning mine I have replaced the exhaust and recently fitted new front discs/pads.

Warranty wise it has had four sets of alloys (a corrosion issue they just can’t get right) and that’s about all.

Things to look out for: If they have not been maintained and the fluid levels have constantly been left low or they don’t get a regular oil change they will, as with most modern engines, fail on a grand scale, if they show signs of excess oil usage or slightly smokey, walk away from it. Mine doesn’t use any oil or water from one service to the next.

For comfort I think it’s brilliant, because of a spinal problem sitting for any length of time is not the best thing for me yet I can drive for hours in this with very little discomfort.

As far as performance, it doesn’t set the world on fire but there is very little on the road to touch it for balance and handling. If you watch THIS VID

you will see what I mean, there were Supra’s, MK2 tubby’s and IS200 supercharged on track.

These answers are from a totally bias individual…….but if there is anything else you would like to know, please ask.

Les

I normally go to meets in my Gen 6 as its an original stock example thats in mint condition, more though to give it a run than anything.

I suppose you could bring that :rolleyes::lol:

To be honest the term “impractical” is usually bandied about by either the competition or somebody who is used to four doors and a boot, after owning mine for nearly five years I would call it “adaptable”.

There is a reasonable (to small) compartment behind the seats and a comedy “Frunk” (Front Trunk) under the bonnet, anybody good at packing suitcases will be more than capable of stowing quite a number of items, Anne and I have been to JAE with a tent, two sleeping bags, 2 fold up chairs, beer, wine, towels, clothes and other stuff, so a weekly shop can be a doddle.

Mechanically they are a sound as most Toyotas but as in all cases that can depend on how the last owners treated them. Since owning mine I have replaced the exhaust and recently fitted new front discs/pads.

Warranty wise it has had four sets of alloys (a corrosion issue they just can’t get right) and that’s about all.

Things to look out for: If they have not been maintained and the fluid levels have constantly been left low or they don’t get a regular oil change they will, as with most modern engines, fail on a grand scale, if they show signs of excess oil usage or slightly smokey, walk away from it. Mine doesn’t use any oil or water from one service to the next.

For comfort I think it’s brilliant, because of a spinal problem sitting for any length of time is not the best thing for me yet I can drive for hours in this with very little discomfort.

As far as performance, it doesn’t set the world on fire but there is very little on the road to touch it for balance and handling. If you watch THIS VID

you will see what I mean, there were Supra’s, MK2 tubby’s and IS200 supercharged on track.

These answers are from a totally bias individual…….but if there is anything else you would like to know, please ask.

Les

I suppose you could bring that :rolleyes::lol:

Well now for my two pennyworth:-

I love my Celica to bits :wub: n I wouldn't change it for the world BUT I also love driving around in the Roadster :blush: . Both cars give me a rush!!!!!!!!!!! AND both cars cause a LOT of heads to turn.......... :yahoo: OH and I can do a load of shoppin with room to spare in both of them B)

I noticed your Management, so what do you think is the best way forward for this site, lets have it like it was!!

Calisto what was you name before?

UMMMM TBH cant quite remember

but the ones I think I have used are Sexy GT-R, KITT and Ash. :wacko:

celsteve:

Maybe I'll be too busy counting all my cash on my MONEY TREE!!!!!!! :) :)

he had a Gen 6 Celica, and no disrespect but I have a few more cars than that! and dont say I must have won the lottery!!

What does that mean? Why would anyone think you have won the lottery to have more cars than 1 old Celica? I still have the Gen 6 Celica - It's a great car, I'm not rich but I'm happy. I couldn't afford to have the cars you *claim* to have, but I'm happy - money doesn't make anyone better than anyone else :yes:

Get a life :rolleyes:

he had a Gen 6 Celica, and no disrespect but I have a few more cars than that! and dont say I must have won the lottery!!

What does that mean? Why would anyone think you have won the lottery to have more cars than 1 old Celica? I still have the Gen 6 Celica - It's a great car, I'm not rich but I'm happy. I couldn't afford to have the cars you *claim* to have, but I'm happy - money doesn't make anyone better than anyone else :yes:

Get a life :rolleyes:

Who's rich? Company cars thats all!! and WTF has that got to do with this thread? :wacko: Seems to me you have gone off on a tangent, and more to the point you are starting to show your insecurities.

All I was pointing out was that we are nothing alike in anything other than the word RED. TBH people like yourself put me off using this site, its because there are plenty of other helpful and friendly poeple on here I use it.

rant over ;) :thumbsup:

Giddlepin and Devilish - Thank you for that, you have been very helpfull. Seems to me like nothing other than the wheels is an issue, just common sense when buying. So you two, If you had the choice of just one which one would you pick Celica or MR2??

Well I can think I can speak for Calisto and say that out of any car she would have KITT back if she could?! :)

Les are the alloys the same as the Gen 7 celica? The same ones which I have had refurbed and are now flaking AGAIN??!!!

Giddlepin and Devilish - Thank you for that, you have been very helpfull. Seems to me like nothing other than the wheels is an issue, just common sense when buying. So you two, If you had the choice of just one which one would you pick Celica or MR2??

Ouch!

A very difficult descision.

The Celica would definitely be a more practical and sensible choice but as I don't profess to be either of those The Roadster has my vote ;)

Well I can think I can speak for Calisto and say that out of any car she would have KITT back if she could?! :)

Les are the alloys the same as the Gen 7 celica? The same ones which I have had refurbed and are now flaking AGAIN??!!!

Got it in one Steve :(

I have a set in the garage from when we got Anne's car and they are well gone. I thought about getting them refurbed but as it needed a full set of tyres I went for a wheel/tyre package which worked out about what I would have paid for both anyway :yes:

Maybe a tad bit random here but I am loving the interior of the gen 7.

I was in Devil-ish's celi the other day and it is very posh and comfy.

I think it is fair to say that the gen 7 is growing on me. If I had one I would have to really mod it to make it stand out from just any other gen 7 though. :thumbsup:

im still about sometimes... :o

Not seen you for ages mate, when you coming down to Mascrat again?!?! :P

im still about sometimes... :o

Me too. Like to lurk from time to time. How ya all doing?

I've been busy with a few things, getting priorities sorted. :rolleyes: Consequently the Celi has had to take a back seat. Currently driving this wee beastie. :wacko:

MinusSidestepsandFrontSuspensionlif.jpg

But I shall return. :yahoo:

Long time no see Daktari, welcome back :thumbsup:

Blimey, yeah I'll second that!

Good to see you Dak :thumbsup:

Been missing some of that Gen 5 knowledge of yours' around here lately :yes:

:blush: :blush: Aww gee fellas. :lol: :lol:

:blush: :blush: Aww gee fellas. :lol: :lol:

Yep good to see you back mate :thumbsup: it's been quiet without you and marc

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links