Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2000 Corolla Toyota Cd Player Connections (md. Tf0411)

Gaz_man

Recently acquired a toyota own brand cd player (TF0411, prt no. 08601-00906, Fujitsu Ten) second hand off eBay. However, we missed in the small print that no wiring/connectors were with it. Having been to the Toyota dealer and local car-audio shop, both places say the connections are not possible to buy. The Toyota dealer offered only the entire stereo for extortionate prices. Any one have any advice on how to get the cd player installed??? Currently the dash features a tape player. There appears to be a white connection slot inside the player itself. We have researched the car (2000 Corolla D est) and the cd player part no. is the correct one for the car. If any one has spares I'm willing to buy.

Does the main connector block by my hand look like the shape of the connection on the back of your unit??

Toyota_connection_for_audio_attached_to_ISO_connector.jpg

If it does, then that's part of the main wiring loom from the car.

You could go down to your local car breakers yard and try and find such a piece.

It might just fit in your unit.

If it's not the same shape, try or even take a picture of it, so we know what to look out for.

Bing

:thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
Recently acquired a toyota own brand cd player (TF0411, prt no. 08601-00906, Fujitsu Ten) second hand off ebay. However, we missed in the small print that no wiring/connectors were with it. Having been to the Toyota dealer and local car-audio shop, both places say the connections are not possible to buy. The Toyota dealer offered only the entire stereo for extortionate prices. Any one have any advice on how to get the cd player installed??? Currently the dash features a tape player. There appears to be a white connection slot inside the player itself. We have researched the car (2000 Corolla D est) and the cd player part no. is the correct one for the car. If any one has spares I'm willing to buy.

I found a y-cable at a local Toyota-dealer, here in the Netherlands, but they ask 35 euro's for it (about 23 quid), which is far too steep for me. :angry:

Possible solution:

Please have a look at the following picture:

Image1.jpg

I'll translate it for you:

Upper right text: Connector of CD-player TF0411

Lower left text : Original Connectors on the K7-car radio.

You can see that the female connector in which you want to put the male connector from the TF0411 is already taken.

But the connector only carries 2 wires.

According to DPM on this forum in Topic: Yaris Compatible Cd-players the 2 wires only bring a signal to the display and can be easily connected in parallel to the wire loom from the CD-player TF0411.

Only problem is that the wire loom, coming from the CD player, is far too short.

Myself, I am planning to try and lengthen it by splitting it and insert wire by means of soldering.

• 1 year later...
Recently acquired a toyota own brand cd player (TF0411, prt no. 08601-00906, Fujitsu Ten) second hand off ebay. However, we missed in the small print that no wiring/connectors were with it. Having been to the Toyota dealer and local car-audio shop, both places say the connections are not possible to buy. The Toyota dealer offered only the entire stereo for extortionate prices. Any one have any advice on how to get the cd player installed??? Currently the dash features a tape player. There appears to be a white connection slot inside the player itself. We have researched the car (2000 Corolla D est) and the cd player part no. is the correct one for the car. If any one has spares I'm willing to buy.

I found a y-cable at a local Toyota-dealer, here in the Netherlands, but they ask 35 euro's for it (about 23 quid), which is far too steep for me. :angry:

Possible solution:

Please have a look at the following picture:

Image1.jpg

I'll translate it for you:

Upper right text: Connector of CD-player TF0411

Lower left text : Original Connectors on the K7-car radio.

You can see that the female connector in which you want to put the male connector from the TF0411 is already taken.

But the connector only carries 2 wires.

According to DPM on this forum in Topic: Yaris Compatible Cd-players the 2 wires only bring a signal to the display and can be easily connected in parallel to the wire loom from the CD-player TF0411.

Only problem is that the wire loom, coming from the CD player, is far too short.

Myself, I am planning to try and lengthen it by splitting it and insert wire by means of soldering.

I too would like to replace the factory tape deck with a factory-option cd deck. Was the corolla e11 ever available with a cd option? Thanks for your help