Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stiff Brakes

vmail

Just having some trouble with my brakes, If I dont drive my car for two or more weeks the brakes seize (sp) up. Is that normal or do I need to do something about it?

Oh and thanks to Chris for helping me to test my brakes, you might want to keep your eyes on the road next time.

LOL

Oh and thanks to Chris for helping me to test my brakes, you might want to keep your eyes on the road next time.

Well from what i saw you pulled in behind him then sat about 2 inch from his bumper for a while, you should maybe check your spacing then you would have been prepared for anything! :censor:

it was more than 2 inches

When was the fluid last changed? or the pads for that matter?

I'll have a look at the car when I fly back.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the car for 12 months now, pads look ok and the fluid level is ok, the car was first registered November 2005.

I will leave the car stationary again for two weeks to see if it happens agian

If your car is left standing for a while the discs will get a tad rusty and can give a dragging feel when first driving, but after a few hard braking attempts this should clear.

Personally though, I think the calipers are seizing up so you will need to remove the calipers and check the slides for free movement. Regrease the slides with a high temp lithium grease, not copper grease :thumbsup:

I'll do that, when I get some time

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links