Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing Windscreen Wiper Blade

anup_cfc

hey,

trying to take my old winderscreen wiper off but it just wont budge, i have no idea what to do?!

the guy from Halfords was stumped.

why can't you lift the wiper arm up further then 10 deg off the window?

any ideas will be most helpful.

hey,

trying to take my old winderscreen wiper off but it just wont budge, i have no idea what to do?!

the guy from halfords was stumped.

I'm afraid it doesn't move any further.

I changed my blade but it's a question of taking your time - I put a cloth over the glass when i did it in case i slipped and scratched it.

One of the more annoying aspects of the Aygo this - it's the second strength arm on the wiper which causes the problem - surely other cars with a single front wiper have a better design ?

• Like 1

Audi managed to do it with the A2, but they did cost twice the price of an Aygo.

I thought the Aygo was like my A3 where you have to operate the wipers when the engine is off so they stop mid sweep allowing them to be lifted fully, but it's not.

I am very disappointed with the Aygo wiper and I'm considering changing ours after only 4 months, there is too little pressure to clear water and dirt effectively, epsecially during this time of year where wash wipe is used regularly to clear road dirt.

I'm going to see if a more modern 'floppy' wiper blade can be fitted.

The flat blade wipers can be fitted to the Aygo, you just need to get one which has the standard style fitting. To remove the blade just lift it off the screen and press the clip release at the back of the curled bit of the arm. Should take a matter of seconds.

Lift the arm off the screen (I put a wad of newspaper or cloth under the arm in case of mishaps) press up the little clip which can be felt underneath the blade pivot mount near the rounded end of the arm, and then wiggle the blade slightly and it should slide off the arm in the direction of the drive spindle (towards the drivers side in the UK).This leaves the arm with a curved loop at the end, on the car.

To put it back just slide the mounting bracket on the blade into the curved end of the arm until it clicks into place.

right managed to take off the blade, so thanks for that

but now the new blade won't go on.

its the standard 26 inch blade from Halfords, it says its for the aygo on the box, so why the heck won't it fit?!

any ideas.

I had to take the connector off of the original blade and snap it onto the new one. May be worth trying that.

Also beware of wipers with spoilers fitted. SWF brand does not fit for this reason, but these spoilers are quite easy to remove.

Demon Tweaks do a flat wiper for £18.99 I haven't been able to find any other suppliers of generic flat Wiper Blades.

Rainex (or similar) water repellant treatment on the windscreen is also highly recommended.

Get a "Flatblade" (floppy wiper) retrofit for a Renault Twingo pre-2007, that one should fit.

SWF, Bosch and Valeo all heve them in their catalog...

ok i got Halfords to fit it for me, i was just being rubbish with it. nevermind.

still far more hassle then it should have been.

nevermind.

• 3 months later...
I'm going to see if a more modern 'floppy' wiper blade can be fitted.

There is a flat blade retrofit for the Aygo.

Have a look here http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/product_display.php

Do search for Toyota and Aygo

They've just added the TruPart TVF65R flat blade wiper (which came top in a comparison test with other more well known makes - see here http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/wiper_blade_test.php - the wiper prefixed TP is the TruPart one).

Dave ;)

Also beware of wipers with spoilers fitted. SWF brand does not fit for this reason, but these spoilers are quite easy to remove.

Demon Tweaks do a flat wiper for £18.99 I haven't been able to find any other suppliers of generic flat wiper blades.

Rainex (or similar) water repellant treatment on the windscreen is also highly recommended.

I've fitted the flate blade from demon tweaks a few days ago. The Sparco branded generic flat wiper is about £16 and is part number SPTX-AWB26

• 9 years later...
On 30/05/2007 at 6:54 PM, anup_cfc said:

hey,

the guy from halfords was stumped.

Hi, just spent too much of Sunday morning figuring out how to change the wiper blade on my wife's 2013 Peugeot 107. It seems that Toyota/Peugeot/Citroen have changed the wiper blade mechanism on more recent cars, as there's no button or anything to release the blade mechanism underneath the blade at all. It now has a plastic piece as part of the mechanism (see photo), and the sides on this need to be gently pushed in, then the whole windscreen blade can be removed from the U-shaped arm. No screwdrivers or other tools are needed; just gently prise with fingers. I replaced the original Peugeot blade with an 'Aero VU' blade for £5 from eBay, which seems a vastly superior blade and fitting mechanism - it's got a lot more rubber to make contact with the windscreen and so far looks like it'll do a much better job. Hope this helps as I couldn't find anywhere else that gave any detail.

Wiper.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links