Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's The Alternatives?

dave.m

Are you sure Anchorman?

60K for a V12 diesel in the new Q5?

Audi don't even put a V12 TDI in the monstrous Q7! The biggest engine currently in the Q7 is a V8 4.2 petrol (£50K). The only diesel in the Q7 at the moment is the V6 3.0 TDI.

VW put a V10 5.0 TDI engine in the Touareg and that is near 60K.

Sorry, I can't see Audi sticking a V12 TDI in the smaller Q5 when it starts production next year.

Again, I would say that Audi will price the Q5 below the larger Q7 in the range of 30K to 45K for the top of the range model.

Further in the future, I guess they price the even smaller Q3 in the range of 24K to 40k for it's top of the range.

With VW pricing the Q3's sister, the VW Tiguan at 18K to 30K when it goes on sale.

Happy driving :)

Are you sure Anchorman?

60K for a V12 diesel in the new Q5?

Audi don't even put a V12 TDI in the monstrous Q7! The biggest engine currently in the Q7 is a V8 4.2 petrol (£50K). The only diesel in the Q7 at the moment is the V6 3.0 TDI.

VW put a V10 5.0 TDI engine in the Touareg and that is near 60K.

Sorry, I can't see Audi sticking a V12 TDI in the smaller Q5 when it starts production next year.

Again, I would say that Audi will price the Q5 below the larger Q7 in the range of 30K to 45K for the top of the range model.

Further in the future, I guess they price the even smaller Q3 in the range of 24K to 40k for it's top of the range.

With VW pricing the Q3's sister, the VW Tiguan at 18K to 30K when it goes on sale.

That'll teach me to read things properly :rolleyes:

Sorry I was quoting Q7. :thumbsup:

Hi Anchorman :thumbsup:

That was my biggest failing in school.....not reading the question :crybaby: If only...... I could have been a brain surgeon today :wacko:

But it does set the imagination running. Think of a Q7 with a V12 TDI :eek:

Not just any V12 but the 650hp, 5.5 litre, twin turbo V12 TDI for the Le Mans winning Audi R10 :eek::drool::blink:

It would rip up the road :yahoo:

It wouldn't do a bad job on the school run either ;)

Dear God :huh: Actually seen a Subaru Tribeca being driven down the M56 tonight. Wow is it ugly. Good job the driver can't see it from behind the wheel :help:

Anchorman, did a little digging last night, (a quiet night shift :thumbsup: ), Audi have produced a Q7 V12 TDi, a concept car for the Detroit motor show, with a road ripping 6.0 litre 500 bhp engine. And strangely What Car have it listed on their website for 60K :huh: We will have to wait and see on that one, anyway beyond my means this side of a lottery win.

Also on the Audi website, I noticed you can configure a V8 4.2 TDi Q7 (50K, 326ps) but it is not yet listed on their Prices and specs page. I guess a new engine for the Q7 that the rich can pre-order.

Anyway, it doesn't cost anything to dream and I am very happy at the moment with my lovely RAV4.

Dear God :huh: Actually seen a Subaru Tribeca being driven down the M56 tonight. Wow is it ugly. Good job the driver can't see it from behind the wheel :help:

Anchorman, did a little digging last night, (a quiet night shift :thumbsup: ), Audi have produced a Q7 V12 TDi, a concept car for the Detroit motor show, with a road ripping 6.0 litre 500 bhp engine. And strangely What Car have it listed on their website for 60K :huh: We will have to wait and see on that one, anyway beyond my means this side of a lottery win.

Also on the Audi website, I noticed you can configure a V8 4.2 TDi Q7 (50K, 326ps) but it is not yet listed on their Prices and specs page. I guess a new engine for the Q7 that the rich can pre-order.

Anyway, it doesn't cost anything to dream and I am very happy at the moment with my lovely RAV4.

Ok going a bit off topic here but felt this was the time......................... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This was the badest meanest stupidest craziest gas guzzling 4x4 of all time.......and boy would I just love to drive one through London right upto Ken's front door...........

Lamborghini LM002

Q7's move over, Hummers Bow in it's wake RR just puppies.................

I had a picture on my wall as a school boy :drool: :drool: and the Countach......

Anchorman,

I know we are all having a bad summer but that is some rough weather you're having in Derbyshire! :thumbsup:

Chatman, you're really taking me on a trip down memory lane now!!!!

That Lambo was IMMENSE B)

I remember seeing one near Harrods when I was a kid and being totally blown away by it.

But as for bedroom wall posters, I had one from Athena (the poster shop in Leicester Sq) that was not too dissimilar to this:

68088-2.jpg

Have had a softspot for Porsches ever since :yahoo:

Anchorman, I'll bet the power outouts on yr little old 16x8 drive there would put a whole fleet of T180's in the shade!!! :blink:

Like Fujisan says, I hope to God that wasn't taken last week!!!! :lol:

They each have a 14 litre Cummins diesel and yes we sun bathe in worse than that.

You can see why I run a RAV?

Regards

Huh!

Call that impressive.

I drive one of these 16X8 wheel drives every day.

(Wouldn't like to tangle with that Lambo on a crossing though)

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x133/an..._02/Axon273.jpg

ha ha ha Anchorman we all know these things never work in the slightest hint of snow, wind,rain, leaves :crybaby: :crybaby: ........unless it was being pulled out off the sideings :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Did you get out of your cab...cross the line then take the photo

Huh!

Call that impressive.

ha ha ha Anchorman we all know these things never work in the slightest hint of snow, wind,rain, leaves :crybaby: :crybaby: ........unless it was being pulled out off the sideings :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Don't listen to all the media nonsense, they will plough through fairly deep snow no problem. However they don't like "the wrong kind of snow" which is the stuff that has frozen solid over night. And OK, OK they positively stop at the sight of a leaf but I can get from Stockport to Manchester in 9 minutes during rush hour when it takes 90 minutes in gridlocked traffic!

That picture is taken at my home Depot of Buxton. After 29 years, I left the Motor Industry 4 years ago and this playing trains 1:1 scale is much less stressful!

Regards

PS there is a nationwide shortage of drivers and the salary is £32k - £60k for a 4 day week if you fancy it!

Huh!

Call that impressive.

Talking Hummers, I saw my first one on the Island yesterday, boy did it fill the road, I actually had to pull over for it

Clare

when i was living in torino, italia they had fiat 4x4 panda's... :driving: help me!!! :yawn:

FIAT Panda 4x4 is actually quite a reasonable performer:

:thumbsup:

It is just a pity that they do not make the 4x4 with the 1.3L multijet diesel engine.

You're dead right, prospect. The Panda 4x4 used to be popular with the locals when we still had real winters up here (Scottish Highlands); they were brilliant in the snow and you could pick them up for very little cash. Not madly reliable but I doubt where the cost of repairs would be anything like that for a Range Rover. Don't see so many of them now, but then we don't get winters any more. Unlike Derbyshire, of course, where they seem to get winter in summer.

• 1 month later...

Just seen the new Vauxhall Antara on the ramps sat outside the local dealers.

Have to say it look's better in the pictures / posters than it does in the flesh! :(

It seems the GM designers have taken every bit of plastic and chrome trim that was ever added to a 4x4 by any manufacturer and stuck it on the Antara! :blink:

Seen one in the flesh, Not impressed. They got it wrong last time and it looks like theyve done it again this time.Captiva,s arn,t much better either!!!!!

Clare

Seen one in the flesh, Not impressed. They got it wrong last time and it looks like theyve done it again this time.Captiva,s arn,t much better either!!!!!

Clare

is'nt the Captiva/Antara the same vehicle, just different badges and chrome bits on it....Rather like the Outlander and Peugeot 4X4's

Correct Chatman :thumbsup:

Quote from Autocar:

Chevrolet’s all-new Captiva is a very clear indicator of what the new Vauxhall Antara will be like when it goes on sale in a few months’ time.

How so? Because the Antara is unashamedly based upon the Captiva; both are made on the same production line in Korea and, apart from one or two tweaks, they are essentially one and the same car.

Just came upon this....

Toyota Vanguard

Question :unsure: : In (UK spec) RAV's the Hazard Warning switch / button is on the passenger side of the dash. In the (Japanese spec) Vanguard the Hazard Warning switch is on the drivers side, nice and handy to the steering wheel. Why?

Question :unsure: : In (UK spec) RAV's the Hazard Warning switch / button is on the passenger side of the dash. In the (Japanese spec) Vanguard the Hazard Warning switch is on the drivers side, nice and handy to the steering wheel. Why?

To make it look different to the RAV's interior :unsure: :D

To make it look different to the RAV's interior :unsure: :D

I knew there had to be a reason! :lol::lol::lol:

In keeping with our pics of strange cars seen on holiday.............

I saw a few of these whilst I was away.. Not sure if it's coming to the UK though?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you The Ford Edge!!! :clown:

edge.jpg