Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Going To Check Out A Celica

Calisto

I am off to have a look at a Celica on Friday. I cant get the link up because u need to be a member of TOC! to see the piccies

AUTO

MOT SEPT 07

AIR CON

ELECTRIC WINDOWS ETC

ALL THE USUAL IMPORT GT SPEC

mileage 143543kms(93,000 miles)

timing belt changed 131,00kms

alarmed - cat 1

his car has mot certificates from

april 1999 - 46100 kms

march 2000 - 77542 kms (30000 kms that year)

april 2001 - 96847 kms (19000 kms that year)

april 2002 - 114718 kms (18000 kms that year)

april 2003 - 130936 kms (16000 kms that year)

timing belt changed 131617 kms - receipt to prove

and serviced

march 2004 - 137737 kms

feb 2005 - 140372 kms

jan 2006 - 143543 kms

nov 2006 - 148176 kms- mot for sale

this car is a sound car and as you can see it has not been used excessivly in the last

3 years

i have some jap info but i cant read japanese - sorry

silver_celica_1.jpg

silver_celica_interior.jpg

He is now selling it for £1400, I am taking my Dad with me (he knows nothing about cars) But I was considering asking a man from the AA or RAC to give it the once over for me??? Any tips peeps??? He has said that he has sold those wheels in the piccy (shame) but he put the ones it came with back on.

HPI check if you want to spend the money.

Look for overspray or anything else dodgy on the paint work.

Try and get her started from cold.

Listen for knocks on the engine and smoke out the back

Mayo in the inside of the oil cap?

Slam the brakes on in the test drive and feel for pull.

Try all the buttons and make sure they work.

Check the tread on the old tires!

Lots of history so thats good!

Anything you aint happy with could be a good starting point for a knock down on the asking price.

Good luck, will we see her at JAE?

I am not sure yet..........need to see how much insurance would be etc...

Guest MrMojo

looks ok hun,

gimme a shout if you need anything, or wanna ask anything,

Can't say i'm happy tho chick, AUTO!!!!!!, this better be a stop gap until you past your test,

You are not, i repeat NOT giving up on it.

Mo. x

as i said on MSN...

Ring him about the milage.. as at the top of the ad it states one figure... then at the bottom in the service history intervals its states a higher figure...

then on top of all that... the higher figure was from end of 2006 which means it must have even more miles on it now!!!

Beware...

I know you want a celica for the looks hun, but think it though properly

A Starlet turbo is:

1. quicker

2. cheaper ins

3. cheaper tax

4. better fuel economy

5. turbo

6. did i mention quicker?

And as Moski says you are not giving up on your test!

Good luck with your car hunt hun. IF its good then you'd better be at JAE with it :angry: or else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you want a celica for the looks hun, but think it though properly

A Starlet turbo is:

1. quicker

2. cheaper ins

3. cheaper tax

4. better fuel economy

5. turbo

6. did i mention quicker?

And as Moski says you are not giving up on your test!

But it's a starlet :unsure: Definatley go for the Celica :thumbsup: Looks an OK buy at only £1400, it's not really worth the cost of an RAC/AA bloke. If you've got a willing friend who knows a bit - then take them with you for a look - otherwise as said above keep an eye out for the obvious signs of repair etc, and don't worry about not getting it - and try not to get too excited as that can cloud your judgement :thumbsup:

But it's a starlet :unsure: Definatley go for the Celica :thumbsup: Looks an OK buy at only £1400, it's not really worth the cost of an RAC/AA bloke. If you've got a willing friend who knows a bit - then take them with you for a look - otherwise as said above keep an eye out for the obvious signs of repair etc, and don't worry about not getting it - and try not to get too excited as that can cloud your judgement :thumbsup:

What he said :thumbsup: You obviously want a car that looks nice and not like something my mum would buy to go to Asda in :D So she may be able to get to 60 in 0. something seconds quicker, but take her round a few bends and she'll soon end up wrapped around a tree whilst I'll be effortlessly taking them corners, and in great style and refinement too.

For £1400 you'd be hard pushed to find a better model car with such great reliability. :thumbsup:

They handle really well, are bulit really well, good fun to drive, look great and still turn lots of heads! Query the mileage as said, take her for a drive and if it feels right then go for it. Check that the interior is in really good nick and look underneath the car. Check exhaust for rust and usual places (wheel arches etc). Mine is slightly older, a few less miles, and has no rust on it- whatsoever! There are plenty of almost pristine examples around. As said before check all the buttons , on the auto aircon and the folding / tilting mirrors. It should idle at @800rpm when warm and not take very long at all to get there. Should sound very smooth with almost no vibration when idling. Shame he took the wheels off as you will soon be wanting new ones.

What he said :thumbsup: You obviously want a car that looks nice and not like something my mum would buy to go to Asda in :D So she may be able to get to 60 in 0. something seconds quicker, but take her round a few bends and she'll soon end up wrapped around a tree whilst I'll be effortlessly taking them corners, and in great style and refinement too.

For £1400 you'd be hard pushed to find a better model car with such great reliability. :thumbsup:

been in a starlet have we?

The starlet turbo will easy outhandle any ST202...

Shame I am working tomorrow hun as its only down the road from me and we could have met up.... :( would have been ace to see you again!

Hope its a good'un though - definitely looks the business :thumbsup: Keep us updated hun!

It's not the handling or speed I would be worried about it would just be the having to park it three streets away and having to hide my face incase anyone saw me :lol:

Sorry I'm getting bitchy now - it's just a car I really dislike and would personally be highly embarrassed to drive - but that is only my opinion I'm sure some people love them :thumbsup:

Yeah like me being an owner of one, but then again i look at the celica and think why bother unless its a gt4, well unless your female

imo the st202 in standard form looks very girly, same as the standard starlet is grannyfied

but the top end models with the styling extras, improved interiors etc are a different matter!

Each to their own :thumbsup:

Not with my mum driving it!

:thumbsup: Each to their own

Now back to the original topic -Calisto buy a saxo instead :D

Parkers classifies the Celica as a middle aged secretaries car! I love the celica for the money - but it's not the car of choice for me.

As you say each to their own and please accept my apologies for my bitchy moment - it was unfair to comment on the starlet like that really

:thumbsup:

Sorry Calisto for the thread hijack

my gran drives a starlet , she says it super ;)

I reckon for £1400 i could get a lower milegae st202 easy .

Dont rush anything ;)

Update guys

I didnt go and see her, because I couldnt get insurance quotes intime.

As I type insurnace quotes are now coming through......I have a mechanic friend that is willing to come with me to check her out sometime next week.

I have also been offered a gen 5 auto in gun metal grey and would have jumped at the chance, but it needs to much work doing to it. So thats a deffo NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Just been looking at that MR2 and its lovely and cheap, I am also getting insurance quotes for that. Truth be known if its a toss up between the 2 the MR2 would win. JJ is lookijng into getting more details for me and if the insurnace is right we could go and check her out on Sunday.

Since when!!!??? I've had both and in standard form the Starlet doesn't handle anywhere near as good!!!

you had a glanza which is heavier and the handling isnt as good

I cant back up his claim but would love to see the proof on the track

think the original issue was with him saying that it would crash

now back on topic

JJ and I are off to see the MR2 this Sunday.... the insurance is set to go if I buy the car. :yahoo:

I can not wait

JJ and I are off to see the MR2 this Sunday.... the insurance is set to go if I buy the car. :yahoo:

I can not wait

Wooo-Hooo! Another MK2 for our stand ;)

Hope it's everything you want Ash :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links