Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch

celsteve

Well I burnt out my clutch yesterday :ffs: and it's slipping slightly when I floor it now so obviously I'm gonna need a new one!!

My local gargage who have always been good on prices have quoted over £500 which I thought seemed a bit pricey!!

The clutch itself was £230 so I have been looking around to find one cheaper. I have seen ones for £60 that fit a st202 with 3sge so was happy -- then remembered that my car had a viscous LSD as it's a SS model. This presumably means I have a different clutch to non SS models?!

Need to find the cheapest I can get my hands on so any pointers as to where to get one would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

I paid over £500 for mine uprated 1 lot of people standard 1 done for around 250. just shop around m8 get the clutch for 100 anf find a good garage to fit

Well so far the cheapest I have found is £190 just for the clutch, but will keep looking! Everything always comes along at the same time - - just realised my MOT is now due, tax needed end of the month, new clutch needed :ffs:

UPDATE: Clutch price down to £130! Bit more searching before I buy it though!!!

93-99 ST202 GT 2 ltr CTY41103 £ 81.43 at tcb . i'd of thought the lsd bit was diff related only and the clutch be a standard item.

FENSPORT SAY - Standard Clutch Kit IMPORTS Import Vehicles Please call with Chassis number and model codes

= vasaline time, now bend !!!!!!!! :o

It's gonna hurt mate!! :D

THIS is the cheapest I have found so far.

Gradually getting the cost down, now I need to find someone to fit it for cash and I'm laughing. Well, smirking slightly through gritted teeth.

i'd strongly recommend Mr Clutch,

they put in a clutch 4 me in me old gt4....cnt remebr how much it cost.......but it didnt make a dent in my wallet........and i was skint......hinting they were good.

try toyota main dealers for a clutch, i'm free on friday and thursday, i'll pop over to a local car parts shop and get their number 4 u, he should be pretty good with a clutch, should also be able to deliver 4 u. juts drop me a reminder...u got me details....

and sorry to hear ur baby is off the road.........

WATS GOING ON WITH US LOT....SEEMS LIKE ALL OURS CARS R ENDING UP IN HOSPITAL ARGGGGGGGGG

Mr Clutch's nearest branch is 75 miles away :crybaby: I have heard good and bad things about them, i suppose it is down to the actual branch and the fitter, like anywhere I supppose.

I just remembered the garage where I take my girlriend's Polo to get MOT'd and they're always up for a cash job so I'll get a price from them for fitting. Also got a mate who has a mechanic mate who likes to work on the side at weekends so will give him a shout too.

WATS GOING ON WITH US LOT....SEEMS LIKE ALL OURS CARS R ENDING UP IN HOSPITAL ARGGGGGGGGG

It's not good is it but I'd prefer a sick Celica than the dodgy Megane that my mate has just bought! :D

You can get an uprated Exedy clutch off fleebay for £100, then get a good garage to fit it, prob bout £150 and 3 hours to fit.

You can get an uprated Exedy clutch off fleebay for £100, then get a good garage to fit it, prob bout £150 and 3 hours to fit.

The only ones on eBay are for st202s without superstrut or Gt4s :crybaby: . I have found an LUK one for £130, were told they were ok by garage. Found somewhere to fit it for £200.

Luk clutches are a good, well respected brand, I used to work in a factors par-time for 4 or 5 years. We stocked them as the premium brand and some garages would use only Luk as opposed to the other stuff we stocked (which I bought for my own car at the time and there was f all wrong with it)

I am somewhat surprised that they have one listed for the SuperStrut ST202 Celica because for whatever reason I don't remember them being very Jap car orientated if you know what I mean. Good luck with it anyway.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links