Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pompey Gaz

GIDDLEPIN

haha nah i aint got my own kit

i applied for a runners job in that there london town though

What job do you need your own kit for, and what kit is it?? I am intrigued Gaz!

Drummer???.......................this could be a new game :shutit:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1bloke1dog1mr2

• Pompey Gaz

• JappyBeast

• crizzle

the own kit was for a job in bristol, £22.50 an hour, thing is the kit would cost like £4 grand, i could ask my bank for a loan :) maybe lol

You still havn't told us what the kit is .................or what the job is??

the own kit was for a job in bristol, £22.50 an hour, thing is the kit would cost like £4 grand, i could ask my bank for a loan :) maybe lol

You still havn't told us what the kit is .................or what the job is??

job is doing promo videos to get people to visit bristol/somerset and the kit is a broadcast camera i am guessing and maybe sound equipment

You could buy yourself a fairly in-expensive camera and use iMovie, iTunes & iDVD to edit and master it. After all, media is the Mac's strong point and it's amazing what you can achieve using these programmes.

That should be good enough and if they wanted it a bit more they should surely lend you the equipment??

You could buy yourself a fairy in-expensive camera and use iMovie, iTunes & iDVD to edit and master it. After all, media is the Mac's strong point and it's amazing what you can achieve using these programmes.

That should be good enough and if they wanted it a bit more they should surely lend you the equipment??

I have Final Cut Pro for editing ;) and a Sony Z1 (HDv) is only about £3 grand new

Well Final Cut Pro is industry standard so you're not doing too badly! Perhaps the camera needs a bit of funding then....Graduate loan?????

It's the only way! (Piracy is theft blah-blah-blah)

Of cause I never get software from my work! All you need is Pro Tools and you're sorted for editing.

If it's something you're serious about getting into career wise, it may be worth equipping yourself. I know it's a lot of money initially, but once you're earning and getting experience it'll all seem worth it. Something like a camera shouldn't go out-of-date too fast. Software only gets tweeks so you should be ok with that too. Stop me if I sound like a mother ;) !!!

I'd love to be in your position, it's really exciting!

the dvcam lasted a good 12 years, 90% of the software can be found on limewire or my mate who is getting an imac for his dyslexia is giving me copies of ALL the programmes i will need including trhe latest fcp, protools and all the sort

the dvcam lasted a good 12 years, 90% of the software can be found on limewire or my mate who is getting an imac for his dyslexia is giving me copies of ALL the programmes i will need including trhe latest fcp, protools and all the sort

;) :thumbsup:

thing is most of the places use avid xpress on Sony systems

Not heard of that. Is it PC based? I'm always a bit wary of programmes with 'express' in the title!

At the college I work at they teach Media and use nothing but FCP & Pro Tools.

Hey Crizzle, how ya getting on with your Mac?

ps, an avatar is your piccy next to your username.

avid is alright, superb on dual screen, like fcp really, i know the bbc are going more fcp but i would still like to use both :) lol

crizzle its the picture, where yours is the come to bed with me thing haha

avid is alright, superb on dual screen, like fcp really, i know the bbc are going more fcp but i would still like to use both :) lol

Yeah, someone I work withs Son works for the Beeb and they've just started using Macs.. must be the more stable format.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links