Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got Tyred With The Rolla

dawesy

so got these on

10062007072.jpg

10062007071.jpg

at last i can use boost in the lower gears :toast::yahoo:

in case your wondering they are 235/45/17's on a 7j rim and yes they do turn round without ripping the wing off (just) although lock has been reduced a tad :rolleyes:

Grippy looking tyre :thumbsup:

What will they be like in the wet? (Getting mine re-shod tomorrow :crybaby: (Just run of the mill A-043 Yoko's though))

they are yoko A-048's. they are like s**t to a blanket in the dry. and ok in the wet, you need to watch for standing water though

How much per tyre Lee?

And are these better than the R888's? :)

well not too sure on price as these were some part, but not very worn. mate had 4 of em on his 4 but a diff problem caused one to wear quicker so he changed all 4 and let me have 2 to try. wasn't sure they'd fit TBH. think in a 17" they are about £140 each.

like glue when they're warm though

I've got some of them... Even in baby 195/60/14 they were over £80 each iirc ;)

Probably last about 3k miles (less on a mental FWD 'rolla I expect) and are fairly lethal in standing water, but ridiculous grip in the dry and pretty good grip on wet tarmac too.

Apparently on my car the R888s are longer laster, cheaper and just as grippy so I'll be giving those a go next :)

Lee your car looks a lighter shade of Grey in those pics.. have you had a respray?

And the tyres look grippy as hell. Grip is your weak point at the mo so those will help a treat! :)

fizz where ya been dude. rolla underwent a ful Shell up rebuild about 2 years ago although only been back on the road for well a month since another engine build and 3 weeks before that!

some shots of the new look

23052007018.jpg

23052007017.jpg

gallery_1879_354_30314.jpg

and a work in progress shot showing the FMIC

16012006002.jpg

Last 2 years have been a bit of a blur since getting married... changing jobs... buying a new house.. buying and selling 3 different cars... lol

Looks damn sexy though mate.. going to have to go for a blast at JAE if its there... :)

it and i will be at JAE dont you worry. test drives will be given (just as long as its dry :lol: )

it and i will be at JAE dont you worry. test drives will be given (just as long as its dry :lol: )

as in my behind the wheel!... excellent.. :yahoo::rolleyes:

Wow looks amazing only thing i dislike is the wing mirrors but who cares when you have 470bhp!

you going to take it on the track? :P

you going to take it on the track? :P

They have dug the track up at the JAE showground (Where they did the drifting last year)

There is a huge indoor arena being erected on the site.......................Mmm..................Indoor drifting???

thanks for the replies.

TBH i wasn't sure on the mirrors myself but they are less than half the weight of the stock ones, all important when you're trying to get a sub 1000kg car.

test drives as in ME behind the wheel :D , its not that i distrust anyone but this car does need respect and i wouldn't want anyone's injuries on my conscience. trust me you'll enjoy it in the passenger seat more.

trips to tesco anyone?

trips to tesco anyone?

Wouldn't the weight of the beer collected slow it down a bit :P :lol: