Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Today We Went A Bit Mad...

Jimlad

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00490.jpg

DSC00498.jpg

The engine is very nearly ready to lift out. For those who think Rico done all the work and I sat back... you're wrong. Times have changed. I don't mind attacking any bolt with a socket set nowadays. :D

Between us, in 2 hours we got it emptied, disconnected and nearly ready to lift out. Just got the clutch to disengage and a hydraulic line to disconnect. Then the engine mounts.

Sorted!!

Taking it apart is easy... putting it back together tho... I dunno. lmao.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• JappyBeast

• martin_longbow

• GIDDLEPIN

Wow Jim, you doing all that in the street? I remember the days....

If I was doing that now I would have the beast in the garage and all the paint surfaces close to the job would be covered in blue celophane stuff that I have for protection. That engine is going to be heavy, you got a lift of some kind?

My son was moaning about having to clean up the garage as he has it coverd in stuff while doing some work to mot his Nissan 100 nx. Think I will show him this thread and point to the gravel drive the next time he moans, those little stones digging into your back would make you swear.

What you doing to the unit anyway?

Just as a thought if you bought less gadgets you could get a garage no?

It's more fun in the street... kinda raw mechanic styleee.. lmao.

It weighs about 190kg.. not sure how I'm getting it out yet. I should have someone with a lift. How many people would it take to lift 190kg anyway? 3? lol.

The engine died a death mate. Either lost a tip or broken apex seal. All because of an oil leak and massive overheating.

I've got a new block coming anyday, so taking this out. Stripping it and swapping everything over. Easy in theory! lol.

Just to think 3years ago, I probably wouldn't even have the confidence to change an exhaust. lol!! I could do with a garage tbh, with either a pit or a lift. Would make things alot easier.

It weighs about 190kg.. not sure how I'm getting it out yet. I should have someone with a lift. How many people would it take to lift 190kg anyway? 3? lol.

The engine died a death mate. Either lost a tip or broken apex seal. All because of an oil leak and massive overheating.

I've got a new block coming anyday, so taking this out. Stripping it and swapping everything over. Easy in theory! lol.

Just to think 3years ago, I probably wouldn't even have the confidence to change an exhaust. lol!! I could do with a garage tbh, with either a pit or a lift. Would make things alot easier.

You havent got it going yet!!!

Hope you get it sorted soon, I'm up in 3 weeks so you can take me out in it!

Axle stands?!

Ermmm yea i was thinking that :blink:

I wudnt trust a bit of oil to hold my car up in the air :unsure:

Totally agree, I have no choice but to work in the street!

good luck with getting the engine in and out Jim :thumbsup:

Cheers...

the pallet delivery company foookered up, so I'm driving to hull tomorrow to pick the new engine up.

As for axle stands... it's fine where it is. The jacks in a little recess, so there's no way it'll come off it. When it comes to moving the engine out, then obviously stands will go under as the car will be getting jiggled everywhere.

Anyway... the car's still got tyres on it. It would just bounce up if it fell off. lol.

Bah whats keeping you ;)

My best effort so far is driving two supras to one location, removing the engines from both, and putting the engine from one into the other and driving it home in one day..

Admitedly the car I drove home had no exhaust, but I didn't start till lunchtime :D

Eh?... lol

It's gonna be a good few days at least for me. The engine I'm getting is a block, so I'm gonna have to swap everything over when the old and new one are side by side.

Still trying to get a hold of an engine hoist!

Cheaper to buy though!!

Mine was £170 delivered, the amount of times I have used it its not worth hiring one for £20-£50 a day.

They also chucked in a free engine stand which was very handy..

You can't borrow it though, its At Leeky's :P

I am sure with a 13B you can go old sckool, a chunky stick some big mates and some chain. They are only light engines! .

Hes drivin to Hull and not making arrangements for a meet?????????? hmmmmmmmmmmmf..... could even have stayed over at ours...................... :disgust:

It weighs about 190kg
They are only light engines! .

Sounds bloody heavy to me for a 1.3, my 4.0 weighs less :lol:

Good to see ya getting your hands dirty Jim ;)

Hes drivin to Hull and not making arrangements for a meet?????????? hmmmmmmmmmmmf..... could even have stayed over at ours...................... :disgust:

What the hell are you on about?

I don't want him here!!!!!!!

He stays up all night on the computer :lol: :P

Jim,. when are you taking the engine out and when are you planning to put it back in. I have access to a nice lift.

there are not many streets that you could leave that trail of bits on and they would be there when you turned round...lol

And if you have stands get them under, never trust a jack, always give it something to stop the car bouncing on you, bricks, wheels, tree stumo, have been a street mech myself.

martin

Well I'm just back! lol.

Les, there's one of those HSS hire places in Galashiels, that could be handy!

Martin... If you do have access to a lift, it would be greatfully appreciated!!! :D

I never thought about a meet!! Could have all went to the pub and got drunkered!!! :)