Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Today We Went A Bit Mad...

Jimlad

PS : If I can do this sorta stuff, anyone can!

Yep nothing like a confident post then ......well Jim where's the update??

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• JappyBeast

• martin_longbow

• GIDDLEPIN

Ok... I've been working away, taking bits and bobs off my old engine etc.

So far I've taken off :

UIM

LIM

Air Pump

Turbos

Oil Filler neck

Coil Packs

Old block....

olda.jpg

new block...

newa.jpg

There's not that much to do. But what is left is quite time consuming. I've got to move the alternator, Air pump etc over. Then the dreaded rats nest. After that. it's just a case of putting the coil packs, LIM, UIM, Turbos etc back on.

I'm working tomorrow at 11.30am, but I'll be up at 7am working on this thing. lol

Yeah, makes sense too, they're not expensive. Also new gaskets etc. As you can see in the second pic, a nice big clean new gasket.

I love a clean gasket!

I remember quite a few years ago I stripped my old 850cc mini engine down and cleaned it all up, put it back together again, I couldnt explain how happy I was when she started the first time I turned the key. Never thought I could do something like that.

Hope you have her running soon. (and take me out in her in 2 weeks)

It is scary when you've never done anything like it before! .... lol.

At the end of the day though, it is just nuts and bolts. I was gonna degrease it all etc and paint the block... but tbh I can't be ubikd! lol.

I really didnt think it was gonna start tho or I was worried there were gonna be bits left over at the end!

Yeah, I'll be the exact same mate. Totally papping myself as the key turns! lol.

I'm off to bed. I'll be up in 6 hours to start working on it again!

I hope that's not the lounge floor you doing that swap over on? :eek:

If they take the carpets up in the last house I had they won't have to treat the floor boards, they'll last for ever with all the oil I left on them :rolleyes::lol:

lol... nah mate. It's a little bit of decking outsite.

God, I'm up early! Oh well... a good 3 hours of playing until I have to go to work.

Muwahahahaha Don't put the wrong one back in by mistake!

Ha ha! Imagine that! .... lol.

I'm gonna have to buy some more silicone hose though! I thought 3metres would be enough!!

way to go Jim, looks like excellent progress being made. Keep up the posts I'm a nosey rascal :thumbsup:

The 30th? Should do mate!!

I'm waiting on more hose coming. I also snapped a nipple from one of the solenoids, so I'm trying to get another.

I'm gonna forget where all these damn hoses go though! lmao.

And martin.... I'll keep them coming!

The new block is finally looking larger than my old one. Removed the wiring loom and put it onto the new block, along with the Lower intake manifold. The Turbos are also ready to put back on.

Just waiting on some silicone hosing coming through the door. Also two nipples snapped! (lol). One from the Turbo control solenoid and one form the charge control solenoid. So trying to get a hold of these. Not sure how long this will delay may.

After that, it's all back together. (mmmm... where do those hoses go again? lmao)

Good job so far!

Let us know in advance for when you turn the key, we can keep our fingers crossed for you.

Will the new engine need a running in period?

When I got a new one in my MR2 I couldnt take it over 3k revs for a few hundered miles, it killed me!

Da da.......... We seriously got a shifty on today!

DSC00533.jpg

DSC00534.jpg

DSC00535.jpg

DSC00536.jpg

DSC00537.jpg

Now for the comparison in size!!

DSC00539.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

And.....

DSC00541.jpg

DSC00542.jpg

I'm waiting on two parts and a little bit more hose coming tomorrow. I'm also gonna have to swap the main oil lines from the old block to the new one as my car has two oil coolers and this engine is from one that had one. Also have to reconnect the loom etc..... oh and fit my new FMIC, induction kit etc, etc.

After that, I have to bleed the clutch/brakes, fill with oil and coolant and hopefully the thing will start!! :D

It shouldn't need run in, but I can't go over 3K anyway as I have added a few mods, so the Apexi PFC needs remapped now.

Cheers guys!! Had help from Rico also... no way could one man do this... well, not the putting it in/pulling it out bit.

It'll be a few days until we see if it starts or not. Waiting on a few parts and need to do a few things soon! But hopefully it will start!! lol.

I'm gonna film it live, the first time we try... so fingers crossed!!! :D

You'd be even more impressed if you saw where we were working on the engine and where we had to get it to!! ... lol. My house isn't on the same level as the road... and there's stairs!! It was a right mission!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links