• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 antony.m

antony.m

• Registered Member
  • 4 posts
  • Toyota Model: rav4 d4d

Posted 14 June 2007 - 05:55 PM

hi all, had problem , revs cut right back to safe mode + malfunction light came on , stopped engine and restarted now reving o.k. got rac out to check it , he said its now o.k. turned light out and fault code p1251 was registered. had no problem since, got mr t to check it to be on safe side , he recons p1251 refers to the turbo on its way out , has anybody any info or had similar experience.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 tq21

tq21

• Registered Member
  • 1 posts
  • Toyota Model: rav 4 d4d nrg

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:25 PM

hi all, had problem , revs cut right back to safe mode + malfunction light came on , stopped engine and restarted now reving o.k. got rac out to check it , he said its now o.k. turned light out and fault code p1251 was registered. had no problem since, got mr t to check it to be on safe side , he recons p1251 refers to the turbo on its way out , has anybody any info or had similar experience.

Hi, I have had the same problem yesterday with my 2002 d4d nrg, took to Mr T today who said Turbo oculd be on the way out but they are not sure. Advised me to buy a warranty at 750. What happended with yours? Just had to buy a new clutch coz flywheel and clutch went, but Mr T would pay only for flywheel. Pretty much had enough of my Rav that I used to love, has anyone had a simliar experience.???

#3 Fujisan

Fujisan

Top Rank Poster!

• TOC Supporter Plus
  • 2,951 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Gen III 1.8 Prius T Spirit in White Pearl.

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:19 PM

Sorry you have had so many problems with your RAV, tq21. It is a horrible feeling when a car you love turns bad :(

#4 NikkiBourne

NikkiBourne

• Registered Member
  • 3 posts
  • Toyota Model: Rav 4

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:53 AM

Hi all - I'm new to this site and wonder if anyone can help me. I have a Rav 4 D4D (PX03 XXB) which I bought 2yrs ago. Just before Christmas, it broke down with no warning and I was told that I needed to replace the flywheel and clutch, which turned out to be a very costly job! I've since been told that there was a fault on flywheels around this time, so I contacted my local branch and was told that as I didn't take it to them for repair that there was nothing they can do (I couldn't take it to them - it was 2 days before Christmas and I'd been towed to the closest garage as it was not drivable!!). Has anyone else had a similar experience and if so is there anything we can do?
Also, in the last couple of days its felt like my turbo isn't kicking in - a warning light comes on which according to the RAC is the engine management system. I'm booked in the garage tomorrow and praying it won't be costly - has anyone else had any problems like this?

I absolutely love my Rav and bought it with the advice that they rarely break down - I feel like my car is jinxed!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Nikki :(

#5 Parts-King

Parts-King

AUTHORISED TOC TRADER

• Authorised Trader
  • 10,114 posts
  • First Name:Kingo
  • Toyota Model: Auris 1.6 Valvematic Sport 5 Dr
  • Year: 2013

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:01 AM

"so I contacted my local branch and was told that as I didn't take it to them for repair that there was nothing they can do"

I can understand your plight, and that of the dealer. The dealer only administers the Toyota warranty, he does not hold the purse strings to make payments to anyone. if you did'nt take it to him, there is nothing he can do. There was a problem with the DMF (Flywheel) and if you paid to have it replaced, maybe you could contact Toyota customer relations. They are the only people who can help you in this situation. Was the repair done at a Toyota dealer? did whoever repaired the car use genuine parts? if they did, you may get a contribution from Mr T. You can only ask the question, you may be lucky if they have all the facts.

Kingo :thumbsup:

#6 Ravver

Ravver

• Registered Member
  • 2 posts
  • Toyota Model: Rav 4 D-4D

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:34 PM

Hi, I have had the same problem yesterday with my 2002 d4d nrg, took to Mr T today who said Turbo oculd be on the way out but they are not sure. Advised me to buy a warranty at 750. What happended with yours? Just had to buy a new clutch coz flywheel and clutch went, but Mr T would pay only for flywheel. Pretty much had enough of my Rav that I used to love, has anyone had a simliar experience.???

Hi there, new member here. Bought a 2003 D-4D Vx after a disastrous experience with a Freelander TD 4, (& that's supposed to be the reliable model!) The Rav is brilliant on the road in comparison. However, whilst towing my caravan on the M6, the engine management light lit-up & power dropped off. I got onto the hard shoulder & turned engine off, then restarted. Light stayed on, so I switched off, left it 2 minutes & tried again. This time the light was out, stayed out & hasn't come on since! That weekend, I had a new timing belt fitted, 61,000 on the clock, but strangely, there was nothing stored in the ECU at all!
Since then though, when accelerating in 2nd & 3rd gear, at around 2400 rpm, the engine seems to 'cough', before picking up & accelerating smoothly again. It's only an intermettant thing, but very, very annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 mikeytic

mikeytic

• Registered Member
  • 6 posts
  • Toyota Model: auris

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:50 PM

the fault code p1251 refers to stp motor circuit of turbo and it is normally an intermittent fault the problem lies in turbo which is variable vane and they stick causing the vehicle to go into safe mode u will have to replace turbo as unlikely u will find any probs with circuit for fault code if cleared its likely code will return givin u same scenario hope this helps

#8 nikyblueys1

nikyblueys1

• Registered Member
  • 14 posts
  • Toyota Model: landcruiser

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:29 AM

#9 nikyblueys1

nikyblueys1

• Registered Member
  • 14 posts
  • Toyota Model: landcruiser

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:31 AM

[hy there please tell me how did you rezolve this DTC P1251

#10 AdrianHartopp

AdrianHartopp

• Registered Member
  • 16 posts
  • Toyota Model: Toyota Previa T-Spirit 2.0 D-4D 53 Reg

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:23 AM

Have a look at this thread:

http://toyotaownersc...showtopic=75890

And also this one on the MPV forum:

http://toyotaownersc...showtopic=77292

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users