Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got Stopped By The Police Today.

vmail

Got stopped by the police today. The police officer walked up to the near side of our UK car and wanted to perform a breathalyze test, We laughed and pointed towards the driver(on the off side) to let them know that it is a right hand drive car, since none of us spoke Dutch and the police officers did not speak English. The passenger blew into the meter and handed it back, we were all still laughing as we drove off.

Got stopped by the police today. The police officer walked up to the near side of our UK car and wanted to perform a breathalyze test, We laughed and pointed towards the driver(on the off side) to let them know that it is a right hand drive car, since none of us spoke Dutch and the police officers did not speak English. The passenger blew into the meter and handed it back, we were all still laughing as we drove off.

Heard this one before. Bit of an urban legend, dont you think the police man has been trained to see where the steering wheel is? :!Removed!: :!Removed!:

The passenger was also miming(sp) that he had a steering wheel, but the still didnt understand

Did you try talking in English but LOUDLY and SLOWLY ??

I thought that was the standard English way of speaking to foreigners !

no, only loudly and we were pointing

It usually works

Its not bull, it really happened

both methods together is the way

True. It's a rookie mistake to not combine them !

its an easy mistake to make though, often when drunk, although in spain, in a mexican bar (i speak neither language) while extremely drink i managed to order a pizza and get them to put english telly on (we watched mtv2) but after re-visiting the bar none of the staff spoke english :blink:

Did you try talking in English but LOUDLY and SLOWLY ??

I thought that was the standard English way of speaking to foreigners !

...if that doesn't work smash the place up

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links