Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Under 30?

Pompey Gaz

right with the ID thing, its about to get worse!

Tesco in Cleethorpes/Humberston and a few stores in Lincolnshire are changing the company policy to if you look under 30 then you WILL get asked for ID, this goes for !Removed! and booze and knives and glue, that sort of thing

Also in the past 3 weeks I have passed three police test purchases :D

First was a 15 year old lad, i asked him his age before refusing him a few cans of stella, second was a police woman wanting to buy some !Removed!, and the third was a lass, looked 10, for some wine, i just been told by my manager I am too good for my job haha

my company operates a 21 scheme, but two doncaster stores failed 6 test purchases in 6 months each and been shut down so the company might be changing it to 25.

30 is rediculus though.

NEED TO GIVE UP SMOKING?.........

IS DRINK RUINING YOUR LIFE?......

THEN MOVE TO CLEETHORPES :thumbsup:

'cos you will get bugger all there :yes:

(If Gaz has his way :P )

:lol:

nah Gareth is just doing his job and not wanting to loose his license :P but OLN said if "there is great public support then we will look at making this national. If there isn't any support we will curb the idea. Initial reaction is positive though"

In the states you get asked for ID if you look under 35!

I think it is a good idea, if you have ID there shouldnt be a problem!

oh yeah most places DON'T accept provisional licenses now lol

what about all the chavs who don't have id? you ever been on the wrong end of one of them?

oh yeah most places DON'T accept provisional licenses now lol

what about all the chavs who don't have id? you ever been on the wrong end of one of them?

Never had to deal with one!

best thing to do is just let them be. lol nah the ones we have at work, the hardcore ones are regulars and know we don't take no messing, anyways off to work, am opening up so on my own till 6 wooo, speak later

My local Morrisons now ask everyone if they are of a legal age to buy alcohol.The chap in front of me was a pensioner and his wife had a good laugh when he was asked if he was old enough to buy alcohol. :cheers:

My local Morrisons now ask everyone if they are of a legal age to buy alcohol.The chap in front of me was a pensioner and his wife had a good laugh when he was asked if he was old enough to buy alcohol. :cheers:

Would have been even funnier if they had refused to sell to him on the grounds that he had no ID with him !

Would have been even funnier if they had refused to sell to him on the grounds that he had no ID with him !

Or if he was told to get a note from his parents ;) :lol:

It's a good idea and like Jappy says, if you're legal and have ID to prove it, why is it such an issue....

Saying that I got ID'd in Northampton a few weeks ago on a night out.... never been id'd in my life, not even when I was 17 :lol: So I'd brought none out with me and I had to step aside.... I was livid....

"I'm 25 years of frickin age for fricks sake, I've never been asked for ID in my frickin life" :lol: :lol:

Now I always carry it... just incase the Oil of Olay is working a bit too well! :D

damn no one ever asks me. :crybaby:

I work in a local newsagents that sells Lots of alcohol n !Removed! and ALWAYS get a chav trying it on. Can be quite intimidating with threats like "i'll show you how over 16 i am when you finish" :P etc but tbh the way i look at it is the ones who kick up a fuss are the ones who dont have ID i.e aren't old enough! Best one is the guys who claim to be old enough to drive (they even have keys on them :o) but then don't have a license in their wallet as id?! Also get "do i look 16!! i'm f***ing 17!" I know kids who are 14 who look 18 and 20 year olds who look 12 so that always makes me laugh!

The best bit is the fact i usually work with the Sidique brothers who are both about 6ft tall n 4ft wide, both boxers and although both very nice blokes, if you crossed them you'd regret it :P They are very useful when a chav kicks up a fuss as they just walk over and ask what the problem is! Apparently there isn't one when they show up! :lol:

i find that, when they aren't opf age they kick off, if they just go oh ok and walk out you made a mistake, but its better in that way than not asking people

I used to work for a major games retailer and you'd be amazed at the amount of kids coming in wanting to buy 18 rated games, such as Grand Theft Auto, Carmageddon etc etc

I'd ask for ID, they'd say they didn't have any, I'd say I couldn't sell it to them and they'd go and ask their Mum to buy it for them! :lol:

Still, that's got to be a definite proof of under-age... the fact their out shopping with their Mum in the first place! :lol:

Hey, that's not fair !

I go shopping with my mum now and then. It's the best way to get parked usually .

The 'Parent and Child' parking spaces are huge, and right by the door !

Had many an argument with 'Mrs 2 buggies' about parking in these places. I simply point out to them that the sign doesn't state whether the parent or child should be the driver !

I work in a local newsagents that sells Lots of alcohol n !Removed! and ALWAYS get a chav trying it on. Can be quite intimidating with threats like "i'll show you how over 16 i am when you finish"

You should reply,

"Why, do you have your date of birth tattoed on your a rse?"

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links