Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Flood

vmail

Hi, just a bit worried, does anyone know if East Hull was affected?

I saw this on the net, I know that our office has some problems which is 1.8 miles away from my house, and Cleveland Street is also 1.8 miles away from my house.

TH1_166200728hull.jpgROADS became rivers in the east of the county as torrential overnight rain wreaked havoc yesterday.

Some of the worst-hit areas were in Hull, where residents woke to find sewers overflowing, drains collapsing and manhole covers burst open.

The deluge caused chaos in the morning rush hour, with vehicles having to ford water almost two-foot deep in Chanterlands Avenue, Newland Avenue and Cleveland Street, while Boothferry Road, Lambert Street, Malham Avenue and North Road were impassable.

The situation was so bad by mid-morning that Humberside Police declared it a "major incident" and set up a Silver Command unit at Hessle Police Station to co-ordinate a multi-agency response.

As the rain continued to pour from leaden skies, its effect on the people below ranged from the sad to the surreal.

A bride in Anlaby must have been hoping for something better when she booked a June wedding, although as her car crawled through a river of muck on its way to collect her she at least had the prerogative of being late.

Others in the west Hull villages were canoeing down the street. Many elderly residents became trapped in their homes and some faced the prospect of flood water mixed with sewage breaching their property.

The emergency services could do little but advise people to move valuables upstairs and wait for it to subside.

Police reported two square miles of "serious flooding" in the Norland Avenue area of Anlaby, where the emergency services were on standby to evacuate about 300 properties.

The road outside the office is now a river and a lot of roads are closed in Hull

That was a interesting drive home.

All i can say is ****ING TRUCKS SLOW DOWN FOR ****S SAKE.

Im having trouble as it is without a !Removed! ferry coming the other way giving me a nice big bow tide to float over

had to take a few detours where the police have closed the roads. finally got home after 2.5hrs

there something dangling under the car and the car makes a funny noise

2 round abouts leading me from Rothwell to the M62 were totally flooded.. both lanes couldnt see **** ...

Everyone having to use the very edge of it and thw worst one was the rothwell sports centre round about!! it was insane..

Then got to the M62 to find that east bound sliproad was closed off! thankfully the west bound was fine. Although it was bumper to bumper for the poor sods eastbound from J31 all the way past J26!!!

Never seen anything like it before.. was nuts...

Blimey! Just been looking on the BBC website, I can't believe how much rain has fallen around the UK! We've been so lucky here, a bit of drizzle yesterday and now the sun's out today.

Hope none of you have had flood damage.

They showed a picture of Hillsbrough on the news today. It was completley flooded !

Not sure how this will affect Sheffield Wednesday's start to next season - But they should at least be able to bring a sub on !

Rich made me write it ...he held a gun to my head!!!!!!!!!!!! and I know you would'nt want me dead so I had to type it.

IM REALLY SORRY!!!!!

Did anyone have this game on the Amiga?

amiga-flood.jpg

It was quality, you had stuff in rooms that you could only get to if you flooded!

542.jpg

No problems here....

But I live at the top of a hill :D

but that was pour

Think Ash missed that subtle pun!

I kinda did and didn't but forgot to say anything about it :rolleyes::unsure:

:!Removed!: Sheffield is still bad. My uncle got evacuated as the ulley resevoir is still critical (close to bursting) .

As for Derbyshire ...well was hit bad in places . Chesterfield got really bad over 4 feet on some bits . Was a mare to get home but was fun getting to the centre to pick the mrs up as I was in my works long wheeled base big tank of a Land Rover!!!!!!! had some great times going through 3-4 feet of torrents of rain whilst people were stood watching (well until I soaked them heheheheh :rolleyes: )

Thing is this water dissappeared somewhat rather quickly leaving me worried about the people south of here.... its on its way.

Oh and if it ever floods my house then most of you are in big trouble as I quite high up on the hills lol!! :!Removed!:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links