Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 1.4 D4d Mmt Vs. Corolla 1.4 D4d Mmt

nrf

Have just upgraded my 2005 Corolla 1.4 D4D MMT to a new Auris 1.4 D4D MMT. Am I pleased?

My personal opinion:-

Positives

Slightly sportier look, slightly more aggressive styling.

More space inside, including storage space for bits and bobs.

Paddle shift gear change - fantastic!

Superb instrumentation display, I found the old LCD displays on the Corolla difficult in bright sunlight.

Better legroom in the rear with slightly more headroom.

Less roll, better roadholding, specially round the corners.

Still does 56+ mpg to the gallon combined with 60 achieved on motorway, same great engine.

The interior trim and seat fabric is much better quality.

There are no squeaks or rattles whatsoever.

MMT Gearbox as good as the old Corolla, can't say it's any better or worse.

Slightly higher than the old Corolla which makes getting in and out easier (specially for old farts like me!)

I got a £2,650 discount on the RRP of a brand new car registered a week before delivery with 8 miles on the clock.

The dealer gave me 80% of what I paid for my 17k miles Corolla two years ago!

Negatives

Fuel consumption marginally worse (by about 2mpg).

More clatter from the engine compartment at slow speeds and when accelerating, I think the Corolla had better insulation and this may be linked to the fact that the dashboard is much longer.

MMT box still changes into first gear at too high a speed (about 6mph).

Harder ride, which I'm sure I will get used to (and you have to offset this against the positive aspects of less roll and better roadholding of course).

Centre armrest too low, I understand an aftermarket option is available so I'm going to get one (about £80 I'm told, whoops - just found out that Toyota UK want £127! - rip off Britain? But I need this mod so I've ordered it and I guess I'll just have to pay the price).

No side protection strips as on Corolla, so I'm going to have to buy them (quote is £120 fitted).

Am I glad I upgraded, yes definitely - I do still miss my old Corolla but I'm gradually getting over it!

Have just upgraded my 2005 Corolla 1.4 D4D MMT to a new Auris 1.4 D4D MMT. Am I pleased?

My personal opinion:-

Positives

Slightly sportier look, slightly more aggressive styling.

More space inside, including storage space for bits and bobs.

Paddle shift gear change - fantastic!

Superb instrumentation display, I found the old LCD displays on the Corolla difficult in bright sunlight.

Better legroom in the rear with slightly more headroom.

Less roll, better roadholding, specially round the corners.

Still does 56+ mpg to the gallon combined with 60 achieved on motorway, same great engine.

The interior trim and seat fabric is much better quality.

There are no squeaks or rattles whatsoever.

MMT Gearbox as good as the old Corolla, can't say it's any better or worse.

Slightly higher than the old Corolla which makes getting in and out easier (specially for old farts like me!)

I got a £2,650 discount on the RRP of a brand new car registered a week before delivery with 8 miles on the clock.

The dealer gave me 80% of what I paid for my 17k miles Corolla two years ago!

Negatives

Fuel consumption marginally worse (by about 2mpg).

More clatter from the engine compartment at slow speeds and when accelerating, I think the Corolla had better insulation and this may be linked to the fact that the dashboard is much longer.

MMT box still changes into first gear at too high a speed (about 6mph).

Harder ride, which I'm sure I will get used to (and you have to offset this against the positive aspects of less roll and better roadholding of course).

Centre armrest too low, I understand an aftermarket option is available so I'm going to get one (about £80 I'm told).

No side protection strips as on Corolla, so I'm going to have to buy them (quote is £120 fitted).

Am I glad I upgraded, yes definitely - I do still miss my old Corolla but I'm gradually getting over it!

Great comparison - i also like the fact there are no squeaks or rattles too, i love the handling and smoothness in my T180 - i find it 10x better than the 02 corolla i had.

Very pleased with it :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links