Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Connection For Other Mp3 Players?

Currymonster

Hi all

I'm due to get my new Auris TR 1.6 next weekend!

I have a question no one seems to have mentioned before - is it possible to connect a standard headphone socket to the audio system (i.e. to plug in non-Ipod mp3 players?

Failing that I'll have to resort to using an FM transmitter.

Thanks.

Regards, Terry

Hi all,

Well it seems Toyota can do it themselves... booked in for installation next week. :thumbsup:

Duff info I'm afraid. The car audio company my local Toyota dealership uses pulled the head unit out and realised the part they thought would work, actually wouldn't... They're trying to find out from Toyota Technical if it's possible.

Back to the drawing board...

• 1 month later...

(BUMP)

Anyone got any news on this yet?

Hi all

I'm due to get my new Auris TR 1.6 next weekend!

I have a question no one seems to have mentioned before - is it possible to connect a standard headphone socket to the audio system (i.e. to plug in non-Ipod mp3 players?

Failing that I'll have to resort to using an FM transmitter.

Thanks.

Regards, Terry

No real help here mate, but i'd thought i'd input something to stop you replying to yourself :D

I've got the i-pod integration kit on mine and think it's great.

I did think that it was odd not to have some form of audio input on the face of the stereo when i picked mine up.

i'd have thought that there must be something that'll connect through the back of the stereo that would be compatable with other mp3 players or else toyota may risk upsetting a few customers.

Keep us informed of any updates.

Have you tried a "Connects-2" box - I have one in my Yaris to connect the standard HU to a Sony MiniDisc changer (I know, I know - its hard being an early adopter when nobody else cottons on...).

More info at www.connects2.com. The Auris isn't listed, but I would imagine its the same port style as the Yaris and RAV. They're a UK company so its even possible to phone them!

Head Office

Connects2

Bradleys Lane

Princes End

Tipton

West Midlands

DY4 9HG

Technical Department

technical@connects2.com

Tel: 0906 7362430 - Please Note: Calls charged at £1.00 per minute plus network extras*.

Fax: 0121 522 5589

Web Orders/Enquiries

weborders@connects2.com

Sales Department

sales@connects2.com

Tel: 0906 7362430 - Please Note: Calls charged at £1.00 per minute plus network extras*.

Accounts Department

accounts@connects2.com

Fax: 0121 522 5591

Hope that helps...

A

Thanks Alan. I've just emailled them. I'll post again with their response.

Have you tried a "Connects-2" box - I have one in my Yaris to connect the standard HU to a Sony MiniDisc changer (I know, I know - its hard being an early adopter when nobody else cottons on...).

More info at www.connects2.com. The Auris isn't listed, but I would imagine its the same port style as the Yaris and RAV. They're a UK company so its even possible to phone them!

Head Office

Connects2

Bradleys Lane

Princes End

Tipton

West Midlands

DY4 9HG

Technical Department

technical@connects2.com

Web Orders/Enquiries

weborders@connects2.com

Sales Department

sales@connects2.com

Accounts Department

accounts@connects2.com

Fax: 0121 522 5591

Hope that helps...

A

• 1 month later...

Connects2 never replied. However I did manage to find a car audio company who have moved away from Connects2 products and have started to use Celsus products - they managed to fit one which works with the Auris (same as the one for the new Yaris apparently).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links