Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitted By Blitz Induction Kit

sphinktar1988

sounds mint

its really sluggish, takes ages to get on the power, anyone know what the problem is.

thanks

your losing low end power and torque from decat and induction kit.

or it's just your car, as you said you had a flat spot when driving.

Yeah for the loss you get at low end you should notice a gain at high end? Also try resetting the ECU (unplug Battery for a while) to see if that atleast helps a bit!

put a cold air feed to it now

reset ecu

its much better n insanely loud lol

but

if i put my 3/4 of the way down its fast but then once my foot goes to the floor the car slows right down and the tone changes

thats wat i ment by sluggish anyone got any ideas?

pics :)

4udezhe.jpg

63rtq4o.jpg

6hf0g2p.jpg

and a random one of the beast n the lawnmower haha

4zvvbxw.jpg

You shoudnt put your foot right down, as that will just pull in more air and fuel engine hasnt wound up yet hence making it more sluggish, should put your footdown in gradual movement!

Have you cleaned your MAF sensor?

Reseting ECU will make it awful to drive for 10mins but after that fine!

You shoudnt put your foot right down, as that will just pull in more air and fuel engine hasnt wound up yet hence making it more sluggish, should put your footdown in gradual movement!

i disagree, surely the engine should always pull in as much air as it can, and the ECU should put in an amount of fuel to burn all that air, enough to keep the fuel atomised, and enough to give enough power to overcome the load its under. so if you put your foot down at low revs, the engine should try to overcome the load its under by giving a mixture that will provide optimum power, whereas if your foot is only 3/4, it should give a mix that is slightly more geared toward saving fuel and gradually increasing the speed?

much the same as when you come up to a hill, and you change down and put your foot down to get up, the engine uses all that air, and a certain amount of fuel, to give maximum power to overcome the load?

im going to

compressed air?

my car wont rev over 5000rpm in 3rd/4th or 5th any more now :|

surely something is really knackered

• 3 weeks later...

You've put the intake sid of the induction facing the engine bay bulkhead rather than front side of the car, as toyota do it.

This is causing your engine to suck in warm air which is flowing in from the grille over the exhaust manifold, engine block etc.

The issue with air temperature is a question of density i.e. the mass of oxygen available per unit volume. If at high speed you're pulling in a given ammount of litres of air at 25°C per second, you'll be able to burn more petrol than if youre sucking that same air in at say 40°C, cause the same volume of air is carrying less wieght (mass) of oxygen.

Roughly, if pressure is constant (in this case slighlty below atmospheric due to the induction vacuum), the volume of a given mass of air at 40°C is 1.6 times bigger than the volume of the same mass of air at 25°C. Since your volume is fixed the dimensions of your throttle body and combustion chamber, it means the sucking in air at 40°C you'll be leaving out about 1/3rd of the mass of available air when comapared to the same situation at 25°C

Your ECU is sensing that although you're opening the throttle wide, the ammount of mass of air (note it's mass not volume) is not enough and so it's injecting less fuel to maintain emmisions, anyway if it puts more fuel you wouldn't be able to burn it effectively so you wouldn't get more power. This problem will be much more acute at high revs.

Suggest you re-orient the intake towards the cool side of the engine bay, or, if you want to keep the current arrangement fit a scoop intake in the bonnet just above the air cleaner