Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spelling And Punctuation

Zedd

Is correct spelling and punctuation a thing of the past?

As for me...my speeling and punkchewashun ar per%$(t

Nuthin wrang wi the wy whit a write!

it reely anoys me dat peepol dont sperl an punctooaitionalise fings properli!

and dey dun make der sentuncis properli eever!!! :censor:

Having a university degree in English is not a prerequisite to be a member of the club though and those people who do have a natural difficulty with their spelling, punctuation and grammar shouldn't feel that they will be mocked or berated if they post ;)

Les

aye man dinae !Removed! oan here wi yer pishe aboot wur spellin awright . unless yer wantin a a heider .

To be fair though some people's do scare me a bit with their spelling .

WHY NOY IMPLEMENT A SPELL CHECKER ON THE FOURM?

bugger, had the caps on again

so there is, but not under fast reply

Having a university degree in English is not a prerequisite to be a member of the club though and those people who do have a natural difficulty with their spelling, punctuation and grammar shouldn't feel that they will be mocked or berated if they post ;)

Les

Nobody is being mocked or berated.

By "natural difficulty" do you mean dyslexia? If so, then that's a whole different packet of crisps. I'm talking about the lazy ones who just can't be bothered, such as teachers and university graduates.

Nobody is being mocked or berated.

By "natural difficulty" do you mean dyslexia? If so, then that's a whole different packet of crisps. I'm talking about the lazy ones who just can't be bothered, such as teachers and university graduates.

That's the bit missing from your initial post that prompted my comment :yes:

I agree totally with that statement :thumbsup:

Don't mention Text speak though :ffs:

Is correct spelling and punctuation a thing of the past?

As for me...my speeling and punkchewashun ar per%$(t

In appropriate comminications such as letter to the insurance company, bank etc, promotional litreture, written work, then I hope not.

General informal chit chat, text's and stuf what does it add? This is a car forum, so I am happy to help out with my knowledge if it is usefull to others, and indeed look for info I need that someone else has. Grammer has nothing to do with understanding certain issues or aspects of cars.

It does brown me off where I take the time to provide someone with a good response, hopefull adressing their issues, and some muppet posts a further comment correcting my grammer or spelling. What would motivate someone like that??

I am sure there are forums such as the pedantic retentative grammer appreciation forum that focus on those issues.

LoL well you posted a question asking.....

Les

its speling, poonctooasionalisionalism an gramur u mupit (prenunsionalised mupIT or it wuolda bin mupET)

j/k lolj/k lol Les I am almost certain you are an undividual individual of distuinguished distinguished ; and highly virtuous character :P :P

SEE ME AFTER SCHOOL!!!! :P

Edited by GIDDLEPIN

It does brown me off where I take the time to provide someone with a good response, hopefull adressing their issues, and some muppet posts a further comment correcting my grammer or spelling. What would motivate someone like that??

It's called being anal.... :lol:

I must admit, I'm one of these anal types who likes good spelling and grammar, it doesnt make me a bad person and nor am I the sort who would post up correcting someones spelling or grammar... but its more the text speak for me, purely because its the most unintelligent means of communication, plus I admit to not understanding a word of it - and if I can't understand it, other people may struggle as well! :lol: I can live without improper spelling and grammar, I just wish the text speak would bugger off!

Maybe we should start a TOC spelling bee? :lol:

It does brown me off ...........

It's called being anal.... :lol:

Did anyone else have a chuckle at the unintentional pun??

I much prefer good spelling and grammar, especially when you think of all the people who use this and other forums. If you want to communicate with everyone then surely some sort of standard is required. This is commonly called English on this forum. If you're solely chatting with your mates in an MSN type situation then that's different. But on here there are all age groups, social classes and nationalities.

If our overseas correspondents can post in clear English it's a bit of a poor show if we can't respond in the same manner.

Spelling isn't as important as it used to be though, especially with spell check facilities on computers.

Cant use the spell checker, do I really have to install iespell?

I always like to use the correct punctuation & spelling, and even do so when I'm texting. I like the abbreviations though because it makes sense on forums.

BTW I'm a graduate, HTH! :D

When I first started talking on a computer I thought people were calling me names.. I thought !lol" was referring to me in a sort of personal private joke between everyone else.

vmail.. I have the spell checker in "fast reply".. try spelling something wrong.. i get a red line under it

thats only in firefox, I dont what to use firefox today.

It uses too much memory which I am using

I try to type properly, but it doesn't bother me if people don't type perfectly, although it's sometimes hard to understand with no comma's and full stop's and the like.

Not a fan of 'Text talking' it takes even more effort to write 'sum1' than 'someone' as you have to think 'how can I make this as short as possible'.

Although that may just be me, if you ever got a Text off me it is properly punctuated, and is written just like an email really (or as properly as I can make it anyway).

Spelling mistakes i can live with.

Text speak? I got a message from an old friend in text speak and i had to get my brother to decipher it!!

Predictive text!!! Need i say more?

Why turn it off and write gibberish?!!!!