Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Chip Tuning 2.2-dcat

Sinttruijen

Some second opinion form you guyz plz before i step in to a internet shop trap & end up with trouble :unsure:

I get my Auris 180 tomorrow delivered :yahoo:

I gave it the full load with lowering springs, all spoilers around the car, 18 " , metal pedals & even tricked my dealer into making a modified chromed exhaust ( cause the ordered double wouldn't fit :censor: ), "A-S-S" custom driver seat,etc..

But i'm still hungry for some extra HP's cause i wanted the Corrola T-sport Compressor :drool: & was forced to the Auris :rolleyes:

So i found this Belgium compagny for chip tuning with great numbers :toast:

Original 177Hp 400Nm

With P-Tronic 228Hp 508Nm

http://www.ptronic.be/index.php?class=Cata...ionFilter=13355

1. Does anyone has any experience with this compagny or references ?

2. Are these kind of chip tuning detectable when a dealer is reading the service codes ?

So, hard times for me to choose Yes.. No... Yes... No.... *Think* :!Removed!:

So second opinion is welcome :thumbsup:

Greetz,

Rob

I'm also looking for a chip but have no experience of those - if you ever find out or have one fitted please post back

Could you also post a picture of your car with the exhausts, i'm waiting for TTE europe to make the double chrome exhaust for the T180. The standard one wont fit because of the suspension. I contacted TTE europe and they said contact me in July because they are working on an Exhaust system for the T180.

Oh and i think the T180 is a better car than the compressor, i had our compressor for a while and the T180 in gear is easily as fast. Off the line the compressor may have it though. When / if you chip your T180 it will blow the compressor away.

Hee leuk weer een nederlander erbij kijk ook is op www.corollaclub.nl

en op mijn homepage

mmzzll

is it only diesel engines that can be chipped?.... iv got Auris 1.4 T3 its feeling abit nippier since iv hit a 1000 odd miles now but i want to add more HP also... anyone know if petrol can be chipped?...

any engine can be chipped. cos all it is, is an update of the ecu to give more bhp and less mpg. but on a 1.4 i'd just fit an induction kit, like a k&n or a pipercross.

I'm also looking for a chip but have no experience of those - if you ever find out or have one fitted please post back

Sorry but you have to be a paying member to sell privately on TOC.

To become an Authorised Dealer you need to speak to Admin

I've deleted the parts of the thread that are considered to be advertising and replaced with this message

any engine can be chipped. cos all it is, is an update of the ecu to give more bhp and less mpg. but on a 1.4 i'd just fit an induction kit, like a k&n or a pipercross.

ah ok thanks but theres not any inductions kits out for auris yet?... but iv been told that the 1.4 Auris is the same engine as the 1.4 Corolla is that true?... if so i could get the Corolla induction and fit it on my auris

I've deleted the parts of the thread that are considered to be advertising and replaced with this message

Hi

What affect would fitting such a device have on the vehicle warrantee?

Andy

Could you also post a picture of your car with the exhausts, i'm waiting for TTE europe to make the double chrome exhaust for the T180. The standard one wont fit because of the suspension. I contacted TTE europe and they said contact me in July because they are working on an Exhaust system for the T180.

Oh and i think the T180 is a better car than the compressor, i had our compressor for a while and the T180 in gear is easily as fast. Off the line the compressor may have it though. When / if you chip your T180 it will blow the compressor away.

Neext week friday they are finising the exhaust, cause they didn't had stainless pipe for the end tip. When finish i will post some pictures including the bottum site in case someone want to copy the solution.

What the ptronics question. .... After a few good beers :wacko: I placed the order for 850€ & will post my experience in the forum trying to outrun a compressor:P .

Neext week friday they are finising the exhaust, cause they didn't had stainless pipe for the end tip. When finish i will post some pictures including the bottum site in case someone want to copy the solution.

What the ptronics question. .... After a few good beers :wacko: I placed the order for 850€ & will post my experience in the forum trying to outrun a compressor:P .

thanks!

and you WILL beat that compressor, lets just see how good the traction is with all that torque. :)

Parts-King:

Maybe you can tell me what exactly installing a chip does to the engine?

I know the chip manipulates the signals from the injection system, and that this supposedly is not recorded by the cars logging system. But what exactly does it do?

- Does it increase the common rail pressure, with the result of more diesel supplied to the engine?

- Does it change the injection timing? (Resulting in same effects as changing the ignition timing on a gasoline engine)

- Does it increase the "open time" of the injectors, which also results in more diesel supplied to the engine?

- All of the above?

- Anything else it changes?

I know that more fuel supplied to the engine, results in more exhaust gasses. This again gives you an extra turbo boost, which than increases the efficiency of the engine (To a certain point of course). This is why most people experience a decrease of fuel consumption after installing a chip, except for those really stepping on it at all time. Chip tuning may also result in visible dark exhaust gasses during acceleration, due to the increased fuel amount supplied to the engine.

Chip tuning an engine without turbo is almost a waste of money compared to gains you get from a turbo powered engine.

ok, guyz.

I got the powerbox in from Ptronics & here my first findings:

1. Good service & fast delivery ( 2 days by express mail)

2. Easy fitting, took me 30 minutes.

3. Extra wire to switch between power mode & standard.

They effects are great & even strange.

The car runs normal with extra torque in the lower rpm's (<2.5k) . So everything OK there.

In the middle range you get a good boost (> 2,5k / < 3.5k ).

In the high rpm's strange effects happen.

You get a good boost, but the exchaust starts to whistle like the pressure is getting too high or what.. ?

I don't know if this is :

1. Normal effect...?

2. too high pressure,so you loose some Hp ..?

So, i send Ptronics an E-mail. But i am guessing for answer 2 & i need a bigger tailpipe to get the maximum effect of the powerbox.

But t overall NO smoke or whatever, so no fuel waste by the powerbox

so, a LOT of fun with the powerbox & keep you posted on the answer of Ptronics & going to get a bigger muffler anyway :rolleyes:

Greetz,

Where does the engine chip go exactly?.. is it visable when u take a look at the engine?.. possible to see some pics??

thanks

Shek

In the high rpm's strange effects happen.

You get a good boost, but the exchaust starts to whistle like the pressure is getting too high or what.. ?

I don't know if this is :

1. Normal effect...?

2. too high pressure,so you loose some Hp ..?

Hi,

This sounds like it could be the wastegate working more than before, which one should expect after installing a chip. But I'm still surprised you are able to actually hear it whistle.

Parts-King:

Maybe you can tell me what exactly installing a chip does to the engine?

I know the chip manipulates the signals from the injection system, and that this supposedly is not recorded by the cars logging system. But what exactly does it do?

- Does it increase the common rail pressure, with the result of more diesel supplied to the engine?

Where does the engine chip go exactly?.. is it visable when u take a look at the engine?.. possible to see some pics??

thanks

Shek

You can place the chipbox everywhere you like. it's just a box which you fit with some dubblesided tape under the hood. i fitted it against the Battery, cause it's the coolest tempeture there. So easyto hide whereever you like. Disconnecting before a servicecheck is also a option in minutes, cause the box connectors are fitted between between the injector plugs.

When i have time this weekend, i'll make some pics

Hi,

This sounds like it could be the wastegate working more than before, which one should expect after installing a chip. But I'm still surprised you are able to actually hear it whistle.

Thanks for the extended reply, but it's not the wastegate. The sounds resonates frrm below the thrunk. It;'s like .... you have your windows not fully closed in the back at high speed. You controle the sound by bringing the rpm's above 3k at any gear.

So , the wastegate is not the "sound prob".

thanks

Shek

You can place the chipbox everywhere you like. it's just a box which you fit with some dubblesided tape under the hood. i fitted it against the Battery, cause it's the coolest tempeture there. So easyto hide whereever you like. Disconnecting before a servicecheck is also a option in minutes, cause the box connectors are fitted between between the injector plugs.

When i have time this weekend, i'll make some pics

Hey thanks :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Some pictures of they mounted Ptronic powerbox.

You will see that is added between the orginal wiring of the injectors & i mounetd the powerbox on the Battery.

post-40532-1185046706_thumb.jpg

post-40532-1185046738_thumb.jpg

You will see that is added between the orginal wiring of the injectors & i mounetd the powerbox on the battery.

Could you clarify the pictures a bit ? Not sure where to look for the box really :)

Was also wondering if there is *any* risk of damage to the engine by chipping it ?

• 2 weeks later...

You will see that is added between the orginal wiring of the injectors & i mounetd the powerbox on the battery.

Could you clarify the pictures a bit ? Not sure where to look for the box really :)

Was also wondering if there is *any* risk of damage to the engine by chipping it ?

No prob mate.

Sorry for late reaction, but just back from vacation.

The first picture shows that you ONLY have to replug they injector connectors into they powerbox cable.

The second picture shows you a glimp of the powerbox mounted on top of the Battery. Most part of the powerbox is hidden under the Battery coverplate.

Chipping always gives more stress to a engine then normal. But mechanicly you dont modify kranshafts, pistons,etc.. you only change the fuel & air ratio conbination. Secondly. you only stress the engine more when you put your pedal to the metal. under normal conditions & usage there is no difference between chipped & not chipped.

So, unless you plan on dialy bases to use the car on the racetrack, i wouldn't wurry too much about this type of tuning.

Greetz,

Diesel people looking for a "serious" chip should probably look to Dastek - its a programmable piggyback and will be tuned to match your engine (and any installed mods) and the way you wish to drive the car (where you'd like paek torque and the like).

Petrol folks... don't bother until you've done the very basics - air in and air out basically. The chip should really be the last thing you do unless you fancy forking out £100 for a re-map every time you change anything.

1.4 D-4D people - I've been running the Yaris tuning chip available for about £130 on e-bay for over a year and at well over 20k with no issues at all.

The quickest, easiest and cheapest "More Power" mod is a new panel filter. Try Jetex (http://www.jetex.co.uk) for one. I has one installed for well over 30k, again with no ill effects whatsoever. It has since been passed on to a mate and I have an A'Pexi installed.

Hth,

Alan

Hi there - I fitted a plug in diesel tuning system on my Corolla 1.4D4D 1.4 (also available for other models inc. 2.2) which I bought from www.dragonperformanceuk.com This unit, which simply clips onto the common rail, taking approx 3 minutes, definitely improves both power (90 - 110bhp) and torque (190-230). I can't say I've noticed any fuel consumption improvements but it's certainly no worse. Fortunately, it clipped off the Corolla and straight onto my new Auris 1.4D4D 1.4 and the same improvement applies. As far as affecting the engine/transmisssion in the long run is concerned it obviously depends on how one drives the car. I probably only ever use the extra power when I really need it so unless you thrash it everywhere I'm not convinced it will cause any problems in the long run. Naturally, it should be removed for servicing etc. and that's the nice thing about the dragonperformance chip which costs £179 inc Vat. on eBay Item No. 150147239889 or search "Toyota D4D Diesel tuning chip - PLUG IN EXTRA POWER" (You have to order the unit for the Corolla 1.4 D4D 90 (Product Code SKU: TOYO1011) if you have an Auris as they haven't added the Auris to the range yet but the fitting is the same).

• 1 month later...

I have the same box on my Avensis DCat. I'm a bit disappointed by the fact that there is not much improvement below 2000 rpm. The engine still only "wakes up" above 2200 rpm. Maybe I fitted the wiring the wrong way, how can you tell which injector is #1, which is #2 etc.

Guido.

I have the same box on my Avensis DCat. I'm a bit disappointed by the fact that there is not much improvement below 2000 rpm. The engine still only "wakes up" above 2200 rpm. Maybe I fitted the wiring the wrong way, how can you tell which injector is #1, which is #2 etc.

Guido.

I would suggest that is probably more to do with the way the chip is mapped. I can have our chips matchced to suit your style of driving, however lots of power under 2K RPM might make for uncomfortable "Normal" driving. I researched the chip that we sell for a long time before deciding to stock it, there are some manufacturers out there who I just would not want to deal with

KIngo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links