Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Ecu Remapping/chipping

djnickronin

Hi

I'm due to take delivery of an Auris 1.4 D-4D T3 next month and I'm keen to get it chipped. I won't go into the reasons for choosing this model (think: money, girlfriend etc) but I can't find any details for this mod anywhere.

Is it possible? Who/where does it??

I've seen quite a few ads for the Yaris or the T-180 Auris but nothing for my (lowly) model.....however, I'm sure you can chip pretty much any car these days.

So, can you help? :unsure:

Cheers

Nick

Hi

I'm due to take delivery of an Auris 1.4 D-4D T3 next month and I'm keen to get it chipped. I won't go into the reasons for choosing this model (think: money, girlfriend etc) but I can't find any details for this mod anywhere.

I've seen quite a few ads for the Yaris or the T-180 Auris but nothing for my (lowly) model.....however, I'm sure you can chip pretty much any car these days.

Cheers

Nick

Hi, you can chip it there is a tread here about it just read the titles of the most recent ones and you will find some websites from companies that do it. As for an official toyota box there isn't one available yet as far as I know altought probably the corolla one would work.

Resuming its possible and you can increase to 110 to 116 hp. I also have a 1.4 D4D and I've been thinking of doing it in a few months. I want to run it until 20 000 km since this is when diesel engines normally achieve the max power. So I want to wait and see what this maybe can do with a factory configuration

Hi again,

Yes it's possible to reprograme the ECU on the 1.4 D4D, you can see the 1.4 D4D original power, and the 1.4 D4D with the reprogramed ECU:

Original ECU -------- Reprogramed ECU

90 ps ---------------> 110 ps

190 torque --------> 240 torque

Anyone around here that work's in/with Toyota can confirm this, but not oficially... I just wonder how it will affect the engine/transmission in the long run... ? Anyone ?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi again,

Yes it's possible to reprograme the ECU on the 1.4 D4D, you can see the 1.4 D4D original power, and the 1.4 D4D with the reprogramed ECU:

Anyone around here that work's in/with Toyota can confirm this, but not oficially... I just wonder how it will affect the engine/transmission in the long run... ? Anyone ?

Hi there - I fitted a plug in diesel tuning system on my Corolla 1.4D4D 1.4 which I bought from www.dragonperformanceuk.com This unit, which simply clips onto the common rail, taking approx 3 minutes, definitely improves both power and torque. I can't say I've noticed any fuel consumption improvements but it's certainly no worse. Fortunately, it clipped off the Corolla and straight onto my new Auris 1.4D4D 1.4 and the same improvement applies. As far as affecting the engine/transmisssion in the long run is concerned it obviously depends on how one drives the car. I probably only ever use the extra power when I really need it so unless you thrash it everywhere I'm not convinced it will cause any problems in the long run. Naturally, it should be removed for servicing etc. and that's the nice thing about the dragonperformance chip which costs £269 inc Vat. (You have to order the unit for the Corolla 1.4 D4D 90 (Product Code SKU: TOYO1011) if you have an Auris as they haven't added the Auris to the range yet but the fitting is the same).

I'm due to collect my Auris 2.0 D4D tomorrow and would also be interested in this.

I assume that a remap will invalidate a factory warranty???

Are there any warranty friendly re-maps???

Hi again,

Hi there - I fitted a plug in diesel tuning system on my Corolla 1.4D4D 1.4 which I bought from www.dragonperformanceuk.com This unit, which simply clips onto the common rail, taking approx 3 minutes, definitely improves both power and torque. I can't say I've noticed any fuel consumption improvements but it's certainly no worse. Fortunately, it clipped off the Corolla and straight onto my new Auris 1.4D4D 1.4 and the same improvement applies. As far as affecting the engine/transmisssion in the long run is concerned it obviously depends on how one drives the car. I probably only ever use the extra power when I really need it so unless you thrash it everywhere I'm not convinced it will cause any problems in the long run. Naturally, it should be removed for servicing etc. and that's the nice thing about the dragonperformance chip which costs £269 inc Vat. (You have to order the unit for the Corolla 1.4 D4D 90 (Product Code SKU: TOYO1011) if you have an Auris as they haven't added the Auris to the range yet but the fitting is the same).

Hello,

I wonder how does the unit get power supply in order to work, does it have an internal Battery inside de dragon-box?

is there any button in the box to make the selection for siemens or Bosch fuel system manufacturer?(or any other buttons in the box)

Can you please post some pics of the box inserted in the Auris, and/or outside of it? (in order for us to take a view of it, how is it fitted in the car).

Thank's

[grumpy git] Grrr... do you people never read other post titles and thing "Hey, that might be similar to my question!" [/grumpy git]

Anyhoo - from the thread I've just posted in...

Diesel people looking for a "serious" chip should probably look to Dastek - its a programmable piggyback and will be tuned to match your engine (and any installed mods) and the way you wish to drive the car (where you'd like paek torque and the like).

Petrol folks... don't bother until you've done the very basics - air in and air out basically. The chip should really be the last thing you do unless you fancy forking out £100 for a re-map every time you change anything.

1.4 D-4D people - I've been running the Yaris tuning chip available for about £130 on e-bay for over a year and at well over 20k with no issues at all.

The quickest, easiest and cheapest "More Power" mod is a new panel filter. Try Jetex (http://www.jetex.co.uk) for one. I has one installed for well over 30k, again with no ill effects whatsoever. It has since been passed on to a mate and I have an A'Pexi installed.

Hth,

Alan

;)

Just seen the D4D chip available from Dragon Performance on eBay for £179 (List price £269). The eBay item number is 150147239889. Can't recommend these highly enough from my experience with them. Takes under 5 mins to fit and gives +20bhp and good increase in torque.

Hi

Cheers

Nick

hello

try "malelectronics" on e-bay they are a german company that sell a common rail tunning box that plugs into the common rail sensor "30 second job" increase to 110bhp for 1.4 d4d, the site is in german e-bay but find your way to there "feedback" and look for someone who has bought one for your car cost about 110 euros

Hi

Cheers

Nick

I would say contact me, but as my cheque for supplier membership will not have arrived with TOC yet, I best shurrup, lol. Watch this space. Kingo :thumbsup:

We supply an excellent power/chip kit, 20% minimum performance improvement, discounted to registered TOC members. To register for discounts visit our website and under the "Members Login" box, use the register facility. Please use your TOC username and choose yourself a password. We will then provide you with a "Members" price. Details of the product can be found here. Kingo :thumbsup:

• 3 years later...

Hi again,

DONT GO THERE

CHECK OUT THEITALIANBOX.EU

ITS SUPREME AND SAFER THAN A REMAP ALSO ITS EASILT FITTED AND REMOVED WORKS AN ABSOLUTE TREAT

In Turkey. there are shops which remap the ECU of Toyota Auris automobiles. and they do that application just for 200 dollars. it is very cheap. and i applied for that. i am very satisfied now with my car.

90 HP - after ecu remapping 114 HP.

205 NM Tork - after ecu remapping 255 Nm. tork...

that's it. so your choice. don't wait for not make this application to be done. immediately let it happen. and especially for fuel economy driving at normal driving.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Great! Would You be so kind and tell me how can I reprogam (remap) my ECU? Can they just send me a file or I must send them ECU to Turkey? Thank You!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links