Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1.0l Yaris Help Me!

glasgow yaris guy

can any one help me? i have a mk1 1.0l yaris 3dr and i want to get more speed i no the easiest option would be to buy another car but i have a problem with insurance. so at the moment am stuck with the sexual yaris. what are the easy cheap and simple ways of makin the little mean machine faster i already have a ripspeed air filter and a ripspeed back box but soon to get a custom exhaust from C n C in glasgow and my corbeau seats fitted this weekend. i also use BP ultimate 97 fuel and a fuel additive but i jst no my yaris has so much more to give out? cheers for any replys

thats the easy option but i still want to use it as an everyday motor. what after market parts should i get thats not to expensive cause i no a hks turbo is going to increase the power dramaticly but i dont have that kinda money

mine is a 1.0l and I've got K&N panel filter with no pipe of the airbox, str8 pipe exhaust without Cat..and some Iridium denso plugs..It goes quiete fast for a 1.0lt my friends say.

1/4 mile I could cope with a punto 1.2l, Citroen C2 1.4lt and a Peugout 206 1.4t diesel.

was quiete impressed with the performance :)

now thinking of getting a fuel controller or an ECU maybe

btw running on 14" rims better than 15's

at the moment av got steel wheels wana get kei force 10 hyperblack 15's. pluswhen a phoned up for ma custom exhaust a asked the guy about a pipe for ma air filter now a was wondering if a used a massive air filter would that affect the performance

massive air filter wount gain that much difference!

some good cold air intake will make the difference!

It's a 1ltr your not going to make it go much faster.

Just be aware that with air filters and full exhaust systems you lose low end torque and power but gain it at the top end.

So with regards to the last 2 post you will be slowing your car down.

It's a 1ltr your not going to make it go much faster.

Just be aware that with air filters and full exhaust systems you lose low end torque and power but gain it at the top end.

So with regards to the last 2 post you will be slowing your car down.

^^^^ What he said!!

With an engine this size, it's always going to be big bucks needed to get the big gains, turbo's, etc. Air filers (regardless of whether it's the best one in the world and has got an endless supply of cold air!), back boxes, etc are never going to produce much extra power so don't expect miracles!

Your best to sit it out mate and wait till the no claims and the experience build up so you can get a naturally quicker car!!

there aint no replacement for displacement

ive got a 1 litre and its not fast, at all, i never expect it to be. ie dragged raced my mates L reg fiesta, offical 0-60 of 30 secs. and my mates sh***ed punto thats not techically roadworthy (its an insurance write off) i dont expect to beat anything much better than that.

you need a bigger engine, or a turbo charged engine to have a fast engine.

if you spend mega bucks on you could get 90bhp without a turbo. But im talkin stupid money.

only way you gonna get it to go faster on the cheap is by stripping it out.

just wait until you can get insured on a T sport.

orr be cheeky and get a T sport with your student loan, and insure it in your moms name (not that im doing anything like that) :P

also, anything with "ripspeed" written on it will slow you down, even ripspeed car mats, just dont go there. only decent thing you can get from Halfords is a head unit or some spark plugs. THATS IT.

good luck with the quest for speed

can any one help me? i have a mk1 1.0l yaris 3dr and i want to get more speed

but i have a problem with insurance.

Question is how fast do you want to go and why?

The one litre Yaris is a nippy car compared to its contemporaries.

orr be cheeky and get a T sport with your student loan, and insure it in your moms name (not that im doing anything like that) :P

I’m sure the TOC doesn’t condone Insurance Fronting even in jest because as you know it’s illegal.

Premiums are expensive as it is; you will be better off having insurance in your own name and building up your own no claims. It has to be done some time and the longer you leave it the more expensive it will be.

can any one help me? i have a mk1 1.0l yaris 3dr and i want to get more speed

but i have a problem with insurance.

Question is how fast do you want to go and why?

The one litre Yaris is a nippy car compared to its contemporaries.

I’m sure the TOC doesn’t condone Insurance Fronting even in jest because as you know it’s illegal.

Premiums are expensive as it is; you will be better off having insurance in your own name and building up your own no claims. It has to be done some time and the longer you leave it the more expensive it will be.

you do have a point, i dont condone insurance fronting.

although it may seem like a good cheap way to get insured, its not really.

Fronted insurance on a T sport for me is £700 a year, as named drive frequent user, very very tempting. BUT, the best thing to do, is get you 1.0 insured in you own name, and get yourseft 1 years no claims.

the first years no claims is worth the most (usually 35- 50% sometimes even 60%, extra years are usually only 5% or less)

so once youve got 1 years no claims your insurance will pretty much half, THEN you go grab yourself a T sport.

but with fronting it will be £XXX for the first year, and come the 2nd year it probably wont change at all.

andd of course, fronting is illegal.

If anyone does decided to insure a car in (normally) a parents name, if you do have a bump it will be their no claims that is affected! In that case everyone’s a loser, your parents get increased premiums and you still haven’t built up any no claims in your own name :crybaby:

To answer your original question, at the end of the day we all have to start somewhere; small cheap car with dear insurance.

As time goes on that equation turns around (believe it or not) and eventually (believe me!) you will be able to have a bigger car with cheaper insurance. It just takes time and a little patience.

thanks for the help with the insurance but lets no get sidetracked all a want to no is is there any simple and cheap way i can get some power out the yaris 1.0L cheers for the help so far

thanks for the help with the insurance but lets no get sidetracked all a want to no is is there any simple and cheap way i can get some power out the yaris 1.0L cheers for the help so far

no, no you cant. its a one litre. a greddy air filter (£150) and a good exhaust system (£250-300 ish) may get you literally one or two more horsepower. not enough to make a noticable difference. your ripspeed air filter and backbox are probably losing you a couple of horsepower at the minute.

to be honest the yaris is one of the nippiest small cars about as its one of the lightest and most powerful with 68 horses and good power to weight but your not gonna get it much better.

I drove my mum's yaris about before I got my T-Sport, and it wasn't slow at all, plenty enough. Also, you are talking about modding it for extra power, but that will add to your insurance as well, specially as you are talking about turbos and things.

Just buy a TS, I have one for my first car and I'm 18, you will just have to work hard for the money, but it will be worth it. If I can do it, I'm sure you can as well.

Or, could buy a 1.3? SR's look pretty nice (although they are higher insurance than normal 1.3's)

• 1 year later...
massive air filter wount gain that much difference!

some good cold air intake will make the difference!

Hey there navygm. I own a 1999 Vitz 1.0L vvt-i, do you know where I can get a Cold Air Induction Kit that could fit my car?

P.S. I'm from Malta too :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links