Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Red Auris Tr

doobs

I have had the above for approx 3 weeks and the early signs are promising. I like most things about the car, but have a couple of gripes.

As mentioned earlier, I am still trying to get used to the drivers seat. I find the seat back too firm but hope it will soften up a bit with time. Also, I believe that the lower radiator grille is too open to the elements and is ready made for a stone or similar to puncture the radiator. If this happens, Toyota if you are reading this, I will not be happy and will expect you to replace it at no cost to me . Perhaps a revised grille shuold be fitted to all Auris to minimize the chance of this occuring?

• 3 weeks later...

Oh please get real...

1. Should you not have taken an Auris for an extended test drive to make sure that you found the seats comfortable in the first place? There are thousands of adverts out there telling people to take them for 24 or 48 hours.

2. Do you not think that Toyota might have tested the sizes of the grille openings? You're hypothesising on an issue that will have been refined over the many years that Toyota have been making cars. Why do you think they'll listen to you? If you're unduly bothered about that sort of thing then I wish I had your problems...

Maybe I'm just ratty today because phoned the dealer to get a price for an Auris and feel like I'm cheating on my Yaris, but ffs :rolleyes:

A

I have had the above for approx 3 weeks and the early signs are promising. I like most things about the car, but have a couple of gripes.

As mentioned earlier, I am still trying to get used to the drivers seat. I find the seat back too firm but hope it will soften up a bit with time. Also, I believe that the lower radiator grille is too open to the elements and is ready made for a stone or similar to puncture the radiator. If this happens, Toyota if you are reading this, I will not be happy and will expect you to replace it at no cost to me . Perhaps a revised grille shuold be fitted to all Auris to minimize the chance of this occuring?

Errrrrr, not sure what to say, lol, No you wont get a new radiator for damage, but having said that, I have not seen it happen yet, but having said that I saw a chap drive into the canal last week, I don't think he will get that under warranty either!

Kingo

:thumbsup:

Oh please get real...

1. Should you not have taken an Auris for an extended test drive to make sure that you found the seats comfortable in the first place? There are thousands of adverts out there telling people to take them for 24 or 48 hours.

2. Do you not think that Toyota might have tested the sizes of the grille openings? You're hypothesising on an issue that will have been refined over the many years that Toyota have been making cars. Why do you think they'll listen to you? If you're unduly bothered about that sort of thing then I wish I had your problems...

Maybe I'm just ratty today because phoned the dealer to get a price for an Auris and feel like I'm cheating on my Yaris, but ffs :rolleyes:

A

Cool, calm & collected ?? - Not so, I think from such a hostile reply from a Gold Member!

1. Perhaps I should have had a longer test drive, but even if I had, my typical driving pattern does not involve longer trips where I would notice any seat problem or back discomfort. I have only noticed this issue on the infrequent times I have driven for long periods (on the corolla I did not have any discomfort on longer trips). Fortunately, it is not a major problem for me but I am aware others have mentioned this issue.

2. In my opinion, I do not like these wide gap type radiator grilles (on any vehicle) as I believe they are far more susceptible to damage, compared with the small gap design of grille which I am sure reduces the chance of damage. I happen to believe the current design appears to be on the basis of "what looks good" rather than for durability. - Just an observation.

I still like the Auris though or I would not have bought it! If you are still interested in it, try one (on a 24-48 test drive) lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links