Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Unknown In Car Ceiling Button

pontduke

for the 2.0 tr, there is a strange button in the ceiling with a small dot and two curved lines going downwards, just where the sunglasses holder and overhead lights are, what does this button do?

for the 2.0 tr, there is a strange button in the ceiling with a small dot and two curved lines going downwards, just where the sunglasses holder and overhead lights are, what does this button do?

I dont have this on my T180 but it maybe the switch to cancel the Intrusion Sensor, ie, if you are leaving a dog or a person in the car but want to lock it. Would have though your Owners Manual would tell you.

yeah it is an interior sensor switch for the alarm. press it if your locking your car with someone or something inside that moves. you get that instead of a sun glasses holder.

• 2 weeks later...

It's only on a Diesel model which has the interior alram sensor. Not on the petrol models. Kingo :thumbsup:

It's only on a Diesel model which has the interior alram sensor. Not on the petrol models. Kingo :thumbsup:

Just for the record it is fitted on my T180 and is the interior sensor. I had been wondering how to test the Auris alarm but the storm we had 2 Weeks ago set it off so my problem was solved. Just wait for the british summer to test!

Just for the record it is fitted on my T180 and is the interior sensor. I had been wondering how to test the Auris alarm but the storm we had 2 Weeks ago set it off so my problem was solved. Just wait for the british summer to test!

If you want to test it normally, lock the car as usual with a window down, wait about 30 secs or so and then wave your arm around inside the car...............

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links