Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mr2 Clutch Replacement Help

gudderz

Hi i have an MR2 MK2 rev 1 and would like tips on doing ma clutch, i used to be a mechanic and have done quite alot of clutches but dont know how to approach this( well i dont really want to but cant afford garage lol). does anybody know where i can get a step by step walkthrough sort of thing or can anyone who has done one before write me one......

where do i start and how much time should i allocate myself. i will be doing it in ma back street with jacks and axel stands.

thanks for your time, paul

Getting the box off is not too bad. But getting it back on is a right PITA especially doing it on stands.

You will need to remove the two side mounts so the engine can tilt (box end down) and take it from there. It's an idea to have a second person or engine lift to assist with taking the weight from the box.

I watched someone replace the box on mine and the car was on stands. It took 3 of us and a few jacks to get it back on. Was a right ubik pain!

All I know is that my local garage said they didnt want to do another one in a hurry!

is there much to be removed in the way of sensors etc

Not 100% sure on the MKII boxes, but I'd imagine the only thing that will need disconnecting is the reverse switch on the top of the box. IIRC, the MK1 SC box with LSD is identicle to the MKII Rev2 box wioth LSD so this would make sense.