Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Designing A Website

gordypix

I'm gonna do it..........hopefully?

Can I produce a great site to showcase my photography using Microsoft Frontpage..........

Or is there a better way to do it???

Any one with this sort of experience around???

ooh.. frontpage...

It all depends how fancy you want it mate... me I use Dreamweaver, coupled with hard coded javascript.. and some flash...

But if your looking for a quick and dirty way of making a half decent web-site, then its probably your best bet.

It depends what you want really mate, drop me a PM if you wanna discuss further...

What is the problem with Frontpage????

Dreamweaver is meant to be incredibly hard to use - not to mention 3 times more expensive......

Yeah, dreamweaver is more expensive. And I wouldnt say it is harder to use, its just its aimed more at the people that were used to hard coding HTML.

Whereas, Frontpage, is aimed more at the beginner, its a good tool, but is a little restrictive.

you can do a good job with frontpage gord don't get me wrong.. but you have to do a bit of extra work so it doesn't look too amateurish... wouldn't want to spoil ur awesome pictures with a website that wasnt up to standard

I know what you mean Sam, but at the same time I don't need all flashs & bangs - COS the pictures will do the talking.......

Thinking of a simple set of pastel shades as backgrounds so the thumbs can stand out and in easy to find catagories......

Oh, this is gonna be fun....... :eek:

Use dreamweaver and fireworks together :thumbsup:

MSN me (robiedoo00@hotmail.com),

I know somewhere you can get them for cheap :!Removed!:

gordy.. i suggest you use a gallery the same as the clubs.. it can be tuned to display the pics how you want and make it look real nice.

but the best thing with the gallery is that it does all the work of resizing thumbnails on the fly!!!

frontpage is for beginners i find.. inturusive sometimes and has a mind of its own.

GoLive i dd not like at all

I use dreamwearver and have used it everyday nearly for 4 years in my job.

I spotted web pages on the microsoft website written using Dreamweaver.

:thumbsup:

it's amazing what you can "buy" form KaZaa huh lads ..

Kazaa - whats that???? :ph34r:

i dont like that anyways, i use Bit torrent. :bye:

Back on topic

steves right gordy, youll get a much better result using Dreamweaver.

J

How can you tell a dreamweaver page on a site as opposed to a page created with other software........